The three earth ages

Lyn63

The three earth ages

Post by Lyn63 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:53 pm

Someone new to my church was espousing this idea. It sounded unbiblical and bizarre. I'm hoping someone here knows something about it.

Singalphile

Re: The three earth ages

Post by Singalphile » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:10 pm

I'll be the first to say that I've never heard of it!

Sounds kind of interesting, though.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:58 am

I don't see how it could sound interesting unless one is informed as to that just what the idea is.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Lyn63

The three earth ages

Post by Lyn63 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:33 pm

http://www.biblestudygames.com/biblestu ... ldages.htm

I posted this under creationism, but the topic came up when I mentioned to this woman how contradictory scripture can seem. I gave predestination as an example and that led to her discussing this theory about how everyone who has ever been born or will ever be born already existed in this first earth age. Then she said that those who are predestined now are the ones who fought against the bad angels in the first earth age.

She seems like an intelligent woman, and I don't know how she came to believe this crazy stuff.

She and her sister-in-law have very quickly made themselves a part of our church. I don't know if I should be concerned about their motives. I like them, but I have some uneasiness about them at the same time.

steve

Post by steve » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:38 pm

This is the teaching of Arnold Murray of The Shepherds Chapel. Many people call my show, asking what I think of him. Since I have never heard him, I often say that I am unfamiliar with his ministry and teaching—after which I always get emails telling me he is a false teacher. While I don't know what all he teaches, this particular teaching seems far-fetched and false.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:13 pm

Paidion wrote:I don't see how it could sound interesting unless one is informed as to that just what the idea is.
Well, if it was the title of a book/movie - "The Three Earth Ages" - it sounds like it would be the kind of sci-fi/fantasy fictional story that I generally like. That's all. :)

I quickly read through that "Three World Ages" page and the one about the "Rebellion of Satan", and a lot of it seems like the standard view about the origin of "Lucifer" and the idea of a some kind of pre-Genesis people or Earth. I think that a lot of Christians believe at least the first part of that. The ideas that "we all lived on this earth in our spiritual bodies and everyone was happy" and "those who are predestined now are the ones who fought against the bad angels" are new to me. Far-fetched is an apt description.

Some basic idea of "three ages" doesn't seem so far fetched, I suppose. I think that Jesus and Paul both talk about "this age" and/or the "age to come". That's two. One could say that there was another age before this age, and could therefore decide that there are exactly three ages. I don't know why someone would want to speculate about that.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Creation/Evolution”