getting into trouble when talking against evolution

Ryan07

Re: getting into trouble when talking against evolution

Post by Ryan07 » Sat May 31, 2014 10:34 pm

Well, excluding the possibility of space anomalies and aspects of the universe that might cause light to travel at different speeds, I can roll with those numbers. :p

I saw this picture people really liked on facebook where creationism was being compared to the stork model of child birth. People really thought that was an accurate analogy. For awhile I was really offended until I realized well, yea, if you have only encountered the "God created everything in one week model" and take it literally and never heard creationism from an intelligent and logical position you might think that.

jonperry

Re: getting into trouble when talking against evolution

Post by jonperry » Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:33 pm

It's unfortunate that people are resorting to childish name calling as you simply express your doubts.

If you want a good intro to the science of evolutiuon, Carl Zimmer is a very careful author. The best I've found on the subject. His book "Evolution, the Triumph of an Idea" I think would be great for you to read. It explains how Evolution gained a foot-hold in the scientific community and why it is so important today in Biology. I believe it also has a chapter on the conflict with religion but I don't remember if it was any good. He is not an evangelical so he lacks perspective on the topic.

You may also be interested in http://biologos.org, a Bible based Christian group dedicated the teaching what the theory of evolution is to other Christians.

Return to “Creation/Evolution”