Why I'm still a Young Earth Creationist

darinhouston

Re: Why I'm still a Young Earth Creationist

Post by darinhouston » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:56 pm

Mitzi wrote:Can't the Father speed up and slow down the rate of decay just like He can speed up and slow down time? The children of Israel's sandals didn't decay for 40 years.
He certainly could, but we don't see any biblical suggestion that he did that like we do for their coats and sandals, etc. It was noteworthy in that instance and was noted. Ordinarily the argument from silence isn't enough, but it's a piece of the puzzle.

dizerner

Post by dizerner » Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:41 pm

[user account removed]
Last edited by dizerner on Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mitzi

Post by Mitzi » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:46 am

dizerner wrote: Miraculous events can't be disproven by science to have ever have happened, but we should be careful for using them to explain any discrepancy we feel exists between science and Scripture, as it will not be convincing to anyone who is disciplined and logical in their approach to scientific study. What we observe is regularity, as far as people's consensus can establish, and without that anyone and everyone could be claiming anything and everything. In other words, I feel even people of faith should respect scientific study and the logic behind it. We may think to ourselves, well some miracle could explain this or that, and since Scripture teaches us miracles do occur, albeit not seemingly frequently nor in a logical pattern or method we can interpret, still that is a faith that we can't expect to carry any convincing weight with someone outside our faith. So to say God changed the laws of nature at certain times, such as the speed of light or the rate of decay, may be okay for us to consider within our faith, but I don't think we should use it as an argument to convince people outside.
Well I agree, I wouldn't discuss time and decay with a person who is outside the faith and it's not how I would attempt to win souls to Christ either. Did the subject switch to soul winning? I read through the posts on this thread but have to admit my attention is divided and my focus short sighted so if I missed the point of the discussion , please excuse me.

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Sun Nov 23, 2014 8:39 am

Mitzi wrote:Can't the Father speed up and slow down the rate of decay just like He can speed up and slow down time? The children of Israel's sandals didn't decay for 40 years.

Deut. 29:5 And I have led you forty years in the wilderness: your clothes are not waxen old upon you, and thy shoe is not waxen old upon thy foot.
Hi Mitzi,

Very nice verse to interject into the discussion. Why? Because as creatures of creation, MIRACLES are irrational, illogical and faith-based. Creation - The attempt to rationalize "something out of nothing" starts with a FAITH-BASED presupposition. All anyone can do is analyze "The Something", for "The Nothing" is unsearchable, illogical/irrational in terms of science. We Christians call this "Nothing" God's power to call things into existence. The unbelievers call this "Nothing" a Singularity, which means, "They have no idea" which is UNSCIENTIFIC and FAITH-BASED.

For the Christian, God spoke everything into existence FROM NOTHING, at least from our perspective. This was A MIRACLE! NO DIFFERENT than Mitzi's Deut. quote. You can study the sandal all you want, and you will be misled for LACK OF FAITH in regards to the power behind God's WORD. Creation is NO DIFFERENT. Like the sandal, all the evidence is right there and The Word that established it defies all logic and rationality - forever unsearchable. There is NO LAST PIECE TO THE PUZZLE. God's signature is right before everyone's eyes. There is no such thing as "The last piece" of anything. This defies all logic and reasoning and therefore, YEC's should not be intimidated by any logical arguments against their belief, since logic can only explain what is revealed, NOT the miracle itself.

Make no mistake about it Christians, CREATION WAS AND IS A MIRACLE! God creates with age. Adam and Eve had age, the loaves of bread and fish had age, the wine had age and creation had age. It wasn't an appearance??? IT WAS AGE. Miracles ARE NOT a deception to lead people away from GOD. Miracles serve the purpose to authenticate GOD! Those who attempt to prove logic in miracles, lamentably are on track to misleading themselves.

But for the Christian who believes God's creative works or miracles do have a logical explanation, then creation wasn't a miracle at all. But we know this is FALSE, because God spoke everything into existence. The miracle was in the first, therefore the results defies all explanation.

God Bless!

Return to “Creation/Evolution”