Palin Is Not Qualified To Be VP

seer

Palin Is Not Qualified To Be VP

Post by seer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:16 am

Why? According to the former sentor Bob Carey (on the Imus show this morning) - because she does not believe that the earth is 4.6 billion years old... Is this bigotry?
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

SteveF

Re: Palin Is Not Qualified To Be VP

Post by SteveF » Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:24 am

It’s not necessarily bigotry. I don’t know him but he may find it incredulous that someone believes the way she does. In a similar way, you may find it difficult to consider someone fit for VP if they thought the earth was flat.

I’m not making a scientific argument but rather just trying to show his potential point of view. Bigotry is a pretty strong word and is not conducive to healthy discussion and understanding of another’s point of view. US politics appears to have very sharp divides and it seems to me that more understanding is in order on both sides.

Just my 2 cents
Steve

seer

Post by seer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 10:43 am

SteveF wrote:It’s not necessarily bigotry. I don’t know him but he may find it incredulous that someone believes the way she does. In a similar way, you may find it difficult to consider someone fit for VP if they thought the earth was flat.

I’m not making a scientific argument but rather just trying to show his potential point of view. Bigotry is a pretty strong word and is not conducive to healthy discussion and understanding of another’s point of view. US politics appears to have very sharp divides and it seems to me that more understanding is in order on both sides.

Just my 2 cents
Steve

The earth is not flat?
Thanks to the human heart by which we live, thanks to its tenderness, its joys, and fears, To me the meanest flower that blows can give thoughts that do often lie too deep for tears. Wordsworth

TK

Post by TK » Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:39 am

well, i would hope that my BELIEF that the earth is 4.6 billions years old would not QUALIFY me for elected office. it's a pretty dumb qualification to look at.

TK

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:29 pm

In my view, Palin is not only qualified to be VP, but that if McCain and she switched roles, so that she would be running for President, there would be quite a likelihood that she would be elected.

That won't happen, but my guess is that the Republicans will run her as Presidential Candidate next time around.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:26 pm

The earth is not flat?
:lol:

ps....I enjoy your discussions with Steve on the radio program

TK

Post by TK » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:37 am

i was not sure how to take seer's comment about the earth not being flat. i am assuming it was tongue in cheek. but at this forum i have learned never to take anything for granted!

TK

roblaine

Post by roblaine » Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:22 am

Paidion wrote:In my view, Palin is not only qualified to be VP, but that if McCain and she switched roles, so that she would be running for President, there would be quite a likelihood that she would be elected.

That won't happen, but my guess is that the Republicans will run her as Presidential Candidate next time around.
Hi Paidion,
Why do you think she is unqualified?
It matters little where a man may be at this moment; the point is whether he is growing.
-George MacDonald

TK

Post by TK » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:43 am

Hi robin-

i think paidion is saying that she IS qualified, in his view. i certainly agree.

TK

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:03 pm

I may be all alone here but I have concerns about her “readiness”.

Certainly there have been false accusations against her, and there are false accusations from both parties in all campaigns. On the other hand, the official position of the Republican Party is that her living in close proximity to Russia constitutes knowledge of foreign policy. Huh? That’s it? Also, when asked recently about her thoughts regarding the “Bush Doctrine”, she had no idea what it was and feigned her way through the question (not that any other politician wouldn’t have done the same) but I would think that any politician with national or international exposure would be well aware of the Bush Doctrine.

As far as her capabilities, I guess that’s another question. (maybe she would be the best VP ever….or in unfortunate circumstances, best President ever), I don’t think she’s well known enough or tested enough to say.

Hope I didn't get anyone's blood boiling. :) Politics is dangerous to talk about :!:

Return to “Creation/Evolution”