A Challenge from Science

_Anonymous

A Challenge from Science

Post by _Anonymous » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:18 am

One of the best scientific arguments for creation is the law of causality, meaning everything that begins to exist must have a cause. Most scientists believe the universe did begin to exist (15 billion years ago) so this argument favors creation.

However, I was reading a book by Isaac Asimov (non-fiction work) in which he criticizes this argument by bringing up a rather new field of science that deals with subatomic observation. He stated that it has been demonstrated that sub atomic particles seem to pop in and out of existence. Since I'm not a scientist I have no idea if this is true or even a good argument against creation. Thoughts?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_thrombomodulin

Dr Sarafti's answer is...

Post by _thrombomodulin » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:30 pm

Dr Sarafti answers this question. A summary is this: It is not true that matter comes from nothing in such subatomic cases, rather the matter comes from a lot of potential energy. Subatomic matter never appears without a cause.

See this page,

http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v12/i1/universe.asp

Then scroll down to "Denial of cause and effect".

Regards,
Pete
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 am

Wow. Thanks, Pete. Some of this scientific propaganda coming from atheists seems entirely logical, until the other side of the coin in seen. Unfortunately for most, they don't bother to check both sides of an issue.

God bless.
Reason:

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”