Is the Bible the Word of God??!!

If you had to make a choice between the two, which congregation would you sooner attend? ("Neither" is not an option)

Total votes: 0

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Jan 21, 2006 11:15 am

Loaves ~ could you explain the connection between the poll and the topic? Do you see the two choices as polar opposites on the question of the Word of God?

BTW, niether IS an option because I didn't vote for either.

But if you could force me to vote, I guess I'd go with Amish.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_loaves

Post by _loaves » Sat Jan 21, 2006 1:44 pm

Michelle: Thanx for your input. The folks that know me on this forum know that my polls usually have no connection with the topic. Sorry for the confusion!

When I said "Neither is not an option" I meant if you HAD to choose between the two, which congregation would you attend.

Amish and Catholics, ironically and from my research, believe very similarly about the Bible. They do not believe similarly about Jesus Christ (the Word of God). Which "word" were you referring to? Like, Bro. Paidion said, "word" has lots of meanings.

Agape,

loaves
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Jan 21, 2006 2:14 pm

loaves wrote:Michelle: Thanx for your input. The folks that know me on this forum know that my polls usually have no connection with the topic. Sorry for the confusion!
It's pretty easy to confuse me. I won't try so hard to make the connection next time you put up a poll!
loaves wrote:When I said "Neither is not an option" I meant if you HAD to choose between the two, which congregation would you attend.
Yeah, I know. I was just kiddin' you.
loaves wrote:Amish and Catholics, ironically and from my research, believe very similarly about the Bible. They do not believe similarly about Jesus Christ (the Word of God).
Really? Now that surprises me. Can you tell us more?
loaves wrote:Which "word" were you referring to? Like, Bro. Paidion said, "word" has lots of meanings.

Agape,

loaves
Jesus Christ
Reason:

_loaves

Post by _loaves » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:02 pm

Michelle wrote:Really? Now that surprises me. Can you tell us more?
Amish believe that the Bible is God’s written word. So do Catholics. So do the majority of us. The writers of the books of the Bible were inspired by the Holy Spirit when they wrote the books. Amish believe that, so do Catholics, so do the majority of us.

Now Jesus Christ. What do Amish believe? Amish believe that Jesus Christ is the "Word of God," not the bible. Jesus was born of a virgin. But this virgin (Mary) was a sinner, they believe. Salvation is by grace through faith, they believe, and we cannot earn our salvation.

Catholics believe Jesus was born of a sinless women. Catholics also believe you have to “add to” the work of Jesus and thus earn your salvation.

If you want more info, we are discussing Catholicism at this topic:

http://www.wvss.com/forumc/viewtopic.php?t=700

God bless you, agape,

loaves
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:10 pm

OK, thanks!
Reason:

_loaves

Post by _loaves » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:17 pm

You are welcome, Michelle.

loaves
Reason:

Return to “Christian Evidences & Challenges”