2nd coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda

glow

2nd coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda

Post by glow » Tue May 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Hi I followed some of Yoganandas teaching over 35 years ago before I was saved.

I have a friend who is a Christian but she also has herself connected to Buddhism as a "side"? interest. It's a long story.
She gave me a 2 volume book set called the 2nd coming of Christ by Paramhansa Yogananda for my birthday this week,I have not looked or read any of his books for several years.

She was hoping I would read them and we could "discuss" them. I am going to as much as I :lol: can handle. I do not want to be deceived. I have a good foundation with The Lord and His word so I am not fearful.
But I also know The Lord is using this woman in my life and via versa. I was wondering if any one out here has read these books and has anything to add or share with me on this.

Thank you, Glow

Jill

Post by Jill » Fri May 14, 2010 1:09 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

glow

Re: 2nd coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda

Post by glow » Mon May 17, 2010 7:56 pm

Thankyou Jill.

I am reading (skimming) the books in respect of her beliefs.I have found if I want another person to read Gods word and listen to me, in respect if they have some thing they want me to look at, I will usually read it, at least skim over it. Just the back cover, explaining his belief, it showed me where he was coming from..and I didn't agree

Its interesting to me when I read these others books, how close they get to the real truth but just miss it with untruths.I feel like it helps me pray and talk to them clearer also. These 2 books she gave me are really chunky too, at least twice the size of Gods whole bible.!

MORE wisdom in fewer words as we know ( Gods word!)Alot of words, more chance for sin!

Thanks for the bday wishes!!!

Jepne

Re: 2nd coming of Christ by Paramahansa Yogananda

Post by Jepne » Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:00 pm

How interesting. How does he see the second coming?

Does he have any concept of the truth of who Christ is, and what Christ can mean to us personally?

The wisdom God gives you can be of great benefit to your friend.
I hope you share it with us. I love these kinds of discussions.

Or, perhaps you are doing something else by now.

Blessings, Jepne
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

Return to “Buddhism & Hinduism”