For kaufmannphillips...

look2jesus

For kaufmannphillips...

Post by look2jesus » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:57 pm

kaufmannphillips,

I appreciate your contribution to this forum and I enjoy reading your posts. They are always thoughtful, precise, and well written. I do admit that I have a hard time keeping up with you sometimes, but that's bound to happen when someone such as myself attempts to reach beyond his level of education and converse with someone who obviously has spent the time to think things through the way that you have. I'd like to think of myself as a christian who is respectful of jews, past and present, and that should be something we, whether christian or not, should strive to maintain. I think I can appreciate the thoughts you expressed concerning how christians regard judaism and/or jews as expressed in the O.T. and it should serve as a reminder for us to search our hearts and to repent of any such sins should we encounter them. Thank you.

I do have a question for you which you may have already answered somewhere before but that I'm curious about. I was raised in a christian home and have always seen the O.T. and the N.T., though separated by many centuries, as really just an ongoing revelation from G-d, about G-d, for the benefit of mankind. So I would be interested to hear how you regard the historical claims of christianity viz. Jesus, what was going on in Israel in the first century, the gospel accounts, etc. Did Jesus really exist and, if so, your opinions of the man? What of the claims of the gospel writers that Jesus fulfilled O.T. prophecy or, for that matter, any of their claims? What was G-d's role concerning the destruction of Jerusalem and it's aftermath? Do you expect any further revelation from G-d?

I hope my questions are clear enough and I look forward to your response. Please feel free to direct me to any links where you may have already answered these questions. Peace.

l2j
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

Return to “Judaism”