an lds view of: The Church, current. Its people.

Michelle

Re: an lds view of: The Church, current. Its people.

Post by Michelle » Mon May 18, 2009 8:52 am

selah wrote:
Michelle wrote:
karenprtlnd wrote: What do you think. And how many LDS so you personally actually even know?
How interesting, Karen. I know quite a few. Maybe the LDS have more of a presence in my area than in yours. This area was settled by LDS 150 years ago, although Brigham Young called the pioneers back to Utah after a while. Maybe some stayed here, or some returned here later.
Michelle, what a cute little lamb! :D It is good to "see" ya!
Hi Selah! I'm glad to see you back here posting. The other day my picture just disappeared and when I tried to replace it, I couldn't. (My computer skills are pretty limited :roll:) I stole that sheep from a friend of mine that goes by "lostsheep" -- I love that username.

selah

Post by selah » Mon May 18, 2009 11:40 am

selah wrote: Michelle, what a cute little lamb! :D It is good to "see" ya!
Michelle wrote:
Hi Selah! I'm glad to see you back here posting. The other day my picture just disappeared and when I tried to replace it, I couldn't. (My computer skills are pretty limited :roll:) I stole that sheep from a friend of mine that goes by "lostsheep" -- I love that username.
Michelle, I have the same limitations with computers, but Suzana helped me figure this one out. I copied these instructions from our conversation on "The Forum" under the larger heading entitled "The Forum." (just in case you want to go to its original location.) Below, I have pasted her instructions in their entirety.

Sorry Karen for the off-subject matter here. I don't mind deleting this post after a week or so (after it serves its purpose). Thanks for your patience... :)
selah wrote:
Suzana wrote:Hi SueAnn,

I'll be happy to help as much as I can, but there's a reason I wouldn't be a designated computer anything, since I usually stumble around, and mainly get by with trial and error!
(Real computer experts, you should look away now).
Then I clicked something like "download" but got a pop up with the option to save or open on my computer. I didn't want to do that since the picture is already on my computer.
(I see that there is an option on the forum user control board to upload your avatar from a URL or off-site link, but I don't know how to do that, as I have always uploaded from my own computer).
So -
whey you get the "download" pop up, choose the option to save it. (I don't think it will stay on your computer for you to use otherwise. The picture already on your computer is the one that's too large, I think).
Even just save it to your desktop so you can easily find it when you then need to upload it onto the forum. That will be step 4.

Then, go to your control panel on the forum > profile > edit avatar > upload from your machine (click browse, find your shrunk pic, double click on it & that should upload onto the forum. I think when it's there you then click on submit & voila!)

You also need to make sure the size is correct, I think it's 90x90 pixels only.

See how you go with that, feel free to ask anything else & if we both fall into the ditch, some other kind person might help us out!
Suzanna,

Thanks for helping. Memories of changing flat tires---er, trying to change flat tires---comes to mind.

I have saved these instructions in a MS Word document and will go to the website now to see if I can do this. I really appreciate your help!
Michelle! It worked for me; I hope it works for you!
selah*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Jill

Post by Jill » Mon May 18, 2009 8:24 pm

Last edited by Jill on Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

selah

Post by selah » Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 pm

karenprtlnd wrote:Hi :) ! The instructions of Suzana's I thought were quite useful to post once again also.

I do wish that there were more LDS in my area, and for fun, just thought to ask if anyone actually KNEW one. That's about it.

I am hoping that my presence here on the Forum or on the radio from time to time was not upsetting to anyone. I'm not a very good debator, but am secure enough with being LDS that I was hoping for a little bit of practice in opposing dialogue. I hope I haven't offended that opportunity by my inability to convey my thoughts as well as I had hoped.
Karen, no offense taken, let's talk! :)
Selah*
Jesus said, "I in them and you in Me, that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that you have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me." John 17:23

Jill

Post by Jill » Thu May 21, 2009 8:25 pm

selah

Post by selah » Fri May 22, 2009 10:56 am

post deleted
Last edited by selah on Sun May 24, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

selah

Post by selah » Sat May 23, 2009 12:44 pm

post deleted
Last edited by selah on Sun May 24, 2009 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jill

Post by Jill » Sun May 24, 2009 2:23 pm

selah

Post by selah » Sun May 24, 2009 9:27 pm

karenprtlnd wrote:Exausting. Absolutely exausting.
Karen, I sincerely apologize.

Blessings,
Selah*

Return to “Latter Day Saints (aka Mormonism)”