Is Allah a different God?

engyeh

Re: Is Allah a different God?

Post by engyeh » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:43 pm

If you worshiped yourself as God, who do you pray to after you become born again?

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:08 pm

If you worshiped yourself as God, who do you pray to after you become born again?
Your wife?
1 John 2:23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

According to this verse and others, if Jesus is not part of our view of YHWH, then we do not know YHWH as He wants us to know Him. So it could be argued in a specific sense that a view of God without the Son is not the true Allah. However, in a general sense, all monotheistic religions acknowledge only 1 Allah.
In Judaism and Islam, God is a unique divine Individual who didn't have a divine Son. If Muslims don't worship the true God for this reason, neither do Jews.

I still think this is a matter of different understandings of the character of God. The Jews, Muslims, and Christians all recognize a unique creator of the Universe. The subscribers to no other religion do. I think this is what qualifies Yahweh, Allah, and the Father as being the same God.

If everyone who differs in his understanding of the character of God implies that he worships a different God, then there must be a lot of Gods among the denominations.
Bill believes that God sends those who do not relate to Him to eternal torment. Glen believes that He annihilates them. Walter believes that they will eventually be reconciled to God. Does this mean that each of the three worships a different God?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

dseusy

Post by dseusy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:17 am

I believe the god of Islam is a different god than the God of the Bible. As I understand, we either worship our Father God or our father Satan.

"'You are doing the deeds of your father.' They said to Him, 'We were not born of fornication; we have one Father: God.' Jesus said to them, 'If God were your Father, you would love Me, for I proceeded forth and have come from God, for I have not even come on My own initiative, but He sent Me. Why do you not understand what I am saying? It is because you cannot hear My word. You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father" John 8:41-44a

Just because three religious groups claim to worship one creating god doesn't mean they worship the same god, imo.

Here Jesus tells the unbelieving Jews (who claim to worship the one, true God) that they worship Satan. If the unbelieving Jews worship Satan (unknowingly) I am fully convinced that the unbelieving adherents to Islam also worship Satan (unknowingly).

Consider this parable and its detailed and literal interpretation: Matthew 13:24-30; & 36-43. I found it helpful to insert the details of the interpretation back into the parable.

Islam is a crooked, hateful, contradictory religion full of lies, pain, and "justifiable" wickedness. Since Satan is the father of lies (John 8:44) I would think Satan is the father of Islam (though earthly credit is given to Mohammed).

The LDS faith even claims to worship Jesus (as a new way). They use His name when they worship, but he isn't the Christ of the Bible. Their Jesus isn't my Jesus just as the Islam Allah isn't my Allah.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:16 pm

So how about universalists? Do they (1) worship a different God? A god (Satan) who eventually saves everyone? Or do they (2) worship the same God as you, but hold a different view of God's character?
What about the many denominations and individuals with whom you disagree concerning their understanding of God? Do they all worship Satan? Are they all children of the devil?

As I see it, if people worship the Supreme Creator of all things, then they worship the one True God, whether or not they hold the same view concerning His character.

I reread the parable to which you referred. I can't see it as saying that all who are mistaken concerning the character of God, are children of the devil.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

dseusy

Post by dseusy » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm

I know this: I am His because He nailed my sin to the cross and I am no longer under His righteous wrath. Non-believing Jews and Non-believing Muslims and all other non-believers (no matter what lie they embrace) are under His wrath. Jesus clearly stated those who do not embrace Him belong to a different Father. The issue is Christ... if a universalist rejects Him he belongs to a different Father. If he embraces Christ and other ways his fate is in God's hands- but it seems to me that a universalist wouldn't see Christ as neccessary which may cause him to remain under God's wrath... but I don't want to go beyond what is written.

I believe that believing in Christ is a neccessary component of God's character because of what the Bible states concerning Him. If we don't have a priest who meets our need, how can we be saved? Will the pillars of Islam save us? Will perfect repentance save us (lds)? Will Jewish law save us?

Paidion, are you stating that Christ is an aspect of God's character alone and not neccessary for salvation? Are you stating we can be the one true God's children and reject His Son? If so, I would submit for your consideration to test yourself, whether or not you are in Him. I believe our faith is useless unless it is in Jesus Christ. I believe the Bible is clear that unless you believe in Christ, you are seeking the wrong god/father.

"Examine yourselves to see whether you are in the faith; test yourselves. Do you not realize that Christ Jesus is in you--unless, of course, you fail the test?" 2 Corinthians 13:5
Last edited by dseusy on Fri Oct 21, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:38 pm

If everyone who differs in his understanding of the character of God implies that he worships a different God, then there must be a lot of Gods among the denominations.
Bill believes that God sends those who do not relate to Him to eternal torment. Glen believes that He annihilates them. Walter believes that they will eventually be reconciled to God. Does this mean that each of the three worships a different God?
It could mean that someone believes a different gospel.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:50 pm

As I see it, if people worship the Supreme Creator of all things, then they worship the one True God, whether or not they hold the same view concerning His character.

What if they worship Nature as Creator or the Universe which many people do as Supreme Creator? Is that the God , Jesus revealed to us and does it matter?

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:58 pm

It could mean that someone believes a different gospel.

A different hell but not a different Savior. Interestingly "gospel" means good news, but in two views there isn't a lot of good news, in fact one is very very bad news. Silly me i thought Jesus would bring JOY to all men.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:18 pm

Silly me i thought Jesus would bring JOY to all men.
You are correct; it is available to them if they will accept it. It does come with "strings attached", though. He said some stuff about "no one can be my disciple unless...." and He issued a bunch of freightful warnings. But some people say we shouldn't take those warnings so seriously.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:37 pm

You are correct; it is available to them if they will accept it. It does come with "strings attached", though. He said some stuff about "no one can be my disciple unless...." and He issued a bunch of freightful warnings. But some people say we shouldn't take those warnings so seriously.

The warning s/b taken seriously but very few people throughout history even know about these warnings. Bibles were not even printed until around the late 1500s and even then few people could read, even if they got a bible.
Of course God knew all this in advance and could have sent angels to deliver these warnings personally to everyone if few ever hear it, but since God knows the end from the beginning i trust he will be just in due time.

Return to “Islam”