Francis Chan *Crazy Love*

Jason

Francis Chan *Crazy Love*

Post by Jason » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:09 pm

I was recently in Barnes and Noble, grazing books, and stumbled upon Crazy Love by Francis Chan. I read the first chapter and liked it so much I bought it. I've been enjoying the book so much that I began downloading some of his sermons (he has quite a few on youtube). For those of you not familiar with Francis - imagine a smiling, surfing, Chinese version of Steve Gregg. He preaches an uncomprimised (and often offensive) gospel with humility, compassion and zeal. I don't think I've ever seen someone so in love with God. I think his humility helps disarm people to receive the hard things he has to say. Has anyone else become a fan of this guy?

nancyer

Re: Francis Chan *Crazy Love*

Post by nancyer » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:04 am

I have to say, I'm so glad I can respond to old posts like this. (not all forums do)

Yes, I read Crazy Love and did, in fact, love it! He is very in love with God and is not ashamed to show it. That was one of the reasons I bought the book, hoping to catch some of that "crazy" love for God. Don't get me wrong, I do love God but I wish I had that all encompassing, over-the-moon, can't stop kind of evangelical love that some, like Francis Chan, have. Not sure how to get there. But glad you reminded me of the book, I may have to revisit it.

jarrod

Re: Francis Chan *Crazy Love*

Post by jarrod » Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:15 pm

I also really enjoyed reading Crazy Love... it's unfortunate that what the type of life and love that is considered crazy should be somewhat of a norm for most disciples. Hearing the testimonies of God working in his life are my most favorite parts as they stir up love and good works in my own.

Jarrod

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”