Going against the grain of pop theology?

Ryan07

Going against the grain of pop theology?

Post by Ryan07 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:08 pm

I've found that if you disagree with the popular theology people will think some really terrible things about you. Often times, though they cannot scripturally defend their own position, they will state that you haven't read the bible or don't understand it because you disagree with what they consider to be undeniable fact. They will suggest that you should pray and hopefully learn something.

I've even had several people seemingly suggest that Steve is the anti-Christ himself when using his works as a reference in discussion. Oh I kid Steve. It wasn't.... quite that bad. The results though of my endeavors only affirms my position that we need to understand scripture and not believe in traditions.

So thank you for this forum and such an awesome radio show and collection of teachings!

steve

Re: Going against the grain of pop theology?

Post by steve » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:11 pm

I don't know how many people may think I am a dangerous person. I try to be as innocuous as possible. I fantasize that those who are hostile toward me are a very small number. I can't verify that, though it does seem clear that those who are enthusiastic about this ministry are a relatively small number.

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:44 pm

though it does seem clear that those who are enthusiastic about this ministry are a relatively small number.

As the young people say, "True dat!" :lol:
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

nancyer

Post by nancyer » Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:58 pm

Remember, Steve, big things come in small packages.......

Ryan07

Post by Ryan07 » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:49 pm

Well I am certainly enthusiastic about your ministry. I hope to meet you and other people that are as I don't live very far from Temecula.
true dat LoL. I suppose it is a testament to the narrow mindedness of those who feel hostile to your teaching, and a testament to the open mindedness of those who like it. *thumbs up*

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”