Hell and Mr. Fudge

SteveF

Hell and Mr. Fudge

Post by SteveF » Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:59 pm

I recently watched the movie “Hell and Mr. Fudge” and rather enjoyed it. I thought I’d mention it here in case anyone may not have heard of it and might enjoy seeing it.

The movie is based on the story of Edward Fudge who wrote “The Fire that Consumes”. It focuses on the part of his life where his view of Hell changed and the subsequent challenges he encountered for holding such a view. I found out in the movie that his father hosted a Q&A radio show much like Steve Gregg’s, except the questions he answered were sent in by mail.

I watched it online using the website “Hoopla”, which is accessible for free using a public library card. I don’t know if this is available in other countries as well.

steve

Re: Hell and Mr. Fudge

Post by steve » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:01 am

I enjoyed the movie also.

Michelle

Post by Michelle » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:22 am

I watched it today on Amazon Instant Video. It was quite good!

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:12 am

I'm batchin' it this week and watched it last night -- enjoyed it, though it probably wouldn't have more general audience appeal.

I didn't realize Fudge was a lawyer or that he lived here in Houston. Maybe I should get Steve down here and try to get them together in some forum or another. Maybe even just a private dinner. A public discourse would be quite interesting if we could think of a roundtable sort of concept.

The Lanier Theological Library hosts these sort of things (founded by another Houston lawyer) -- what a fabulous place (google it if you're interested). If there was a "friendly" traditionalist (or even universal reconciliationist) who might want to have a panel discourse moderated by, perhaps, Mr. Lanier on the views of Hell, it might be quite interesting.

steve

Post by steve » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:16 am

That would be great. Even though I am open to both conditionalism restorationism, I would be glad to take up the case for the latter in a panel discussion.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Jul 10, 2015 11:35 pm

Or maybe you could be the equal opportunity devils advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ryan

Post by ryan » Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks for making me aware of this movie... I had no idea it existed.

My wife and I watched it last night on Hoopla and we both enjoyed it quite a bit. I agree that it probably appeals to a niche audience, but I just happen to be in that niche! :D

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”