Christian Missionary Alliance

_Christopher

Christian Missionary Alliance

Post by _Christopher » Mon Oct 17, 2005 6:40 pm

Does anyone know anything about this organization? Any concerns?
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

_thrombomodulin

CMA

Post by _thrombomodulin » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:08 pm

I attended this church for three years and appreciated the church very much. The church that I was in held a high view of scripture, had solidly biblical teaching, and held a healthy focus on foreign missions. The only reason I no longer attend is that moved out of state since then.

If you have any particular questions I can certainly put you in contact with someone who has been involved in the alliance for much longer than I was.

Regards,
Pete
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:58 pm

Chris,

The Christian and Missionary Alliance is a denomination founded by A. B. Simpson, with an emphasis (as its name implies) on foreign missions. Probably the most famous pastor of that denomination was A.W. Tozer. The group is not charismatic, per se, but has always been open to the gifts of the Spirit, as A.B. Simpson had a healing ministry.

The group is generally quite scripturally balanced. They are a lot like Calvary Chapel in many ways, but without the emphasis on eschatology that characterizes Calvary. The C&MA is pretty much premillennial, though not necessarily Dispensational. It is also not Calvinistic. As denominations go, it has a lot going for it.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Christopher

Post by _Christopher » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:58 pm

Thanks Steve and Pete for your input. I'm actually not considering going to it myself, but someone I may be working in prison ministry with in the future goes to that church. I'd never heard of it and I wanted to see if there was anything odd to expect. I'm pleased to hear that it is a well-balanced church overall. The man I may working with seems to be a wonderful brother so I didn't really have too many doubts. Just like to be informed.

Thanks again.

God bless.
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”