Brother Yun's Book

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Thu Nov 02, 2006 12:34 am

I got the book Mon. and can't put it down. God is great!

Thanks for recommending it JC.

God bless,
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_JC

Post by _JC » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 am

I've been lobbying to make a movie about Yun's life. So far, people have been uninterested in the project. Maybe I'll approach TBN. :)
Reason:

_TK

Post by _TK » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:12 pm

my copy should be arriving today-- from what i see here, i cant wait to read it.

sean wrote:
I also agree, I can listen to Steve or any other good bible teacher (or an audio bible for that matter) for hours and hours without wanting to stop. I used to try and get others I know to do the same, but they just don't seem interested in spending that much time hearing the word of God.
i agree- why do you think that is, especially the underlined part? i personally can't get enough.

TK
Reason:
"Were not our hearts burning within us? (Lk 24:32)

_TK

Post by _TK » Thu Nov 16, 2006 3:47 pm

i rec'd the book and have read the first 3 chapters and i am amazed so far. his desperation for a bible is convicting in and of itself, not to mention the account as to how he received one. remarkable!

but, wouldnt you know it, the day after i started reading it, i came across a site on the internet which pointed out that many of the other house church leaders in china have a real problem with brother Yun, making various unsavory allegations about him and his ministry. the author of the book "The Heavenly Man" has responded to these accusations here:

http://www.asiaharvest.org/pages/news05 ... erYun.html

even though i am satisfied (thus far) that the allegations vs. brother yun are not true, my further reading is going to be tainted to some degree, and i dont want this to be the case.

i hate when Satan does that.

TK
Reason:

_Derek

Post by _Derek » Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:23 pm

I read that stuff too. In fact in the edition I have, they respond to a lot of those allegations one of the last chapters. I think it's called "A New Kind of Persecution". In it many (supposed) leaders in the Chinese house church movement back him up.

I was so struck by the love this brother gave to people when I read this book. (I don't want to give anything away, so I won't go into it) That was the main thing I took away from it.

I wouldn't worry about those comments too much. If Billy Graham has critics, with all he's done for the Kingdom, you can bet this brother is gonna have his fair share.

God bless brother,
Reason:
Derek

Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we will remember the name of the LORD our God.
Psalm 20:7

_TK

Post by _TK » Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:38 am

i agree with you, derek. if i remember correctly the apostle paul had his critics as well.

and Jesus kept everyone so happy that it got him beheaded.

you certainly have to take these things with a grain of salt.

i cant wait to finish the book. i agree with JC- this would be a fantastic movie!

TK
Reason:

_JC

Post by _JC » Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:47 pm

TK, don't be troubled by all these accusations. Christ told his discples that if they were obedient, they could expect to be persecuted. It simply goes with the territory. No servent is above his master so if they slandered Christ, they'll slander us too. Yun's response to the allegations should put the issue to bed. "A good tree bares good fruit and a bad tree bares bad fruit."

Yun publically forgave his accusers and called them brothers. His accusers have broken a number of the Lord's commands regarding how to handle a dispute among brothers. Whose fruit bares the marks of Christ?

It also helps if you've been wrongly slandered in the past because you get to see this very thing with your own eyes. I've been slandered up and down and even had a brother threaten to beat me up for teaching the heresy that dispensationalism might not be correct. The house church movement in China is far beyond us in the west in terms of imitating Christ, but false brethren always find a way to creep into the fold. The fuit analogy is a great tool is weeding them out.
Reason:

_anothersteve

Post by _anothersteve » Wed Jan 24, 2007 9:27 pm

JC,

Thanks, for recommending the book. I just finished reading it to my wife and seven year old daughter. It was a great experience for us.

Steve
Reason:

_Ely

Post by _Ely » Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:27 pm

anothersteve wrote:JC,

Thanks, for recommending the book. I just finished reading it to my wife and seven year old daughter. It was a great experience for us.

Steve
:D That's the kind of thing I'm looking forward to doing if God should bless me with a family. Good on you Steve. I believe you've made a solid investment in your daughter's life.

Actually, I think it might be time for a re-read of Heavenly Man - if I haven't given it away to someone.

Shalom
Reason:
"Looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Saviour, Christ Jesus" Titus 2:13
www.lasttrumpet.com
www.pfrs.org

Joan

Re: Brother Yun's Book

Post by Joan » Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:17 pm

I stumbled upon mention of this thread elsewhere in the forum, and I'm so glad I did. This sounds like a book I need to read. Thank you!

Return to “Teachers, Authors, and Movements”