Crossroad (an atonement allegory)

_Erich

Crossroad (an atonement allegory)

Post by _Erich » Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:37 am

Here I stand on the side of humanity. Divided by a stretch of road I am separated from the Kingdom of God that lies on the other side. Oh how I desire to cross over but what if the stories I have heard are true? I would never make it. But I want to trust that God will be merciful to me.
I look both ways and yet see nothing. I take a step out onto the road and no sooner does my foot rest on the asphalt when I hear it. Is it true? I turn in the middle of the road to see a large truck called Law heading straight for me. It is true I am doomed; God’s perfect Law will crush me. But then I see that behind the wheel is not Father but Sin and being towed behind the truck of Law is the trailer Death. But where is Father? “Father!” I cry out.
Just as Sin is about to crush me with Law followed by Death I see running towards me, from the side of the Kingdom, a Man, who looks like Father. At the last moment with eyes full of love and compassion this Man pushes me out of the path and is instead struck down dead. The truck of Law and trailer of Death immediately come to a stop as the engine dies. I slowly stand to see my Savior broken and bleeding on the road. “No!” I cry, as I fall next to His motionless body. “Why? Why did you have to die?” I choke, as tears burn my eyes. Suddenly my Savior rises and with love in his eyes wipes the tears from mine and says, “So that you might live”.
My Savior opens his blood stained hand to reveal a set of keys. I turn toward the truck of Law and Death and see Sin screaming from inside the cab, “Give me back my keys!” Sin points at me. “You, give me the keys and I’ll give you what you want.” I turn back to my Savior who is still holding the keys out towards me. I look into his eyes of love as they silently offer me the option.
“He can’t hurt you anymore,” He tells me. I look down at the keys. I slowly reach out and take my Saviors hand instead as He helps me to stand to my feet embracing me. He whispers in my ear, “I want you to meet Father who has been waiting for you.” Still holding my hand, Savior leads me across the road and into the Kingdom where in the distance I can see Father running toward me arms outstretched and with love crying out, “Welcome home my son!”
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_MLH

Post by _MLH » Mon Apr 23, 2007 7:19 pm

thank you Erich for this post...

God's mercy for us is something I dont quite get...I so appreciate
his steadfast love and HIS arms outstretched to "anyone who will"
Truly, God is love! He even chastens us in HIS divine mercy guiding
us as we have guided our natural children. He loves us so much
that he took time to give us HIS commands for OUR good.

What a Savior!
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”