Greatest Story Never Told

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:23 pm

Anyone,

Perhaps I have been too harsh with Damon. If anyone thinks so, please feel free to say so.
Last edited by FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:58 pm

Whether you've been too hard on him or not, the fact of the matter is that numerous threads begun or participated in by Damon lose their value quite quickly. For example, when I log on and discover there are new posts in this thread, I think, 'Oh neat, maybe someone had another insight into the events of AD70 or maybe somebody has a correction to something I said' But, alas, it's just needless back & forth debate about whether or not Steve is out to get Damon :) Even if it was Steve's fault, Steve, you are the one in charge of the forum. But I don't think it is your fault.

There are hundreds, perhaps thousands, of Christian message boards on the internet. This gives the message board user an abundance of choice in where he chooses to participate. I am not sure why one would continue to post on a board where the rules aren't to his liking.

If Damon wishes to present his unique views on judeo-christian religion on THIS site, I suggest he only post in this section (Misc. Essays by Participants). That best describes the content of the overwhelming majority of his posts. And I suggest that you, Steve, seldom take the time to respond to the contents.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
Hemingway once said: 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for'

I agree with the second part (se7en)

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:49 pm

Also, I'd like to point out a few types of 'argument' that Damon uses that are faulty/misleading.

He responded to my post by saying:

I understand that you're very confident that Jesus' Olivet discourse was only intended for that very generation.

But I haven't said any such thing. I am undecided on whether or not the entire discourse was about AD70. But I think AT LEAST part of it was/is. And I'm sure Damon sees the application to that event as well. So why CREATE the idea that I'm not open to parts of the discourse having a future application?

Damon also uses phrases like:

did you ever stop to consider

you neglect to consider

When, in reality, Damon has no idea what I have or have not considered. Perhaps I've weighed his arguments and found them wanting. Indeed, I have on multiple occassions.

Perhaps this one is just me, but Damon's consistent use of:

Make sense?

At the end of his enlightening posts leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
Reason:

_mdh

Post by _mdh » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:35 pm

Steve wrote:Anyone,

Perhaps I have been too harsh with Damon. If anyone thinks so, please feel free to say so.
Steve,

This is Mike from Vancouver. I have read the give and take between you and Damon. I must confess that I wish you could respond to him without using words like 'sniveling' or 'disgusting'. It seems to me that he has tried your patience to the limits, and I understand this - I can see why.
I have no problem with your correcting him, admonishing him to actually respond to the points that people are bringing up, use scripture to support his arguments, etc. I agreed with your decision to banishing him for 30 days.

I would hope that if a non-Christian was reading this forum they would see patient, courteous dialogue. I am not sure that is always the case.

Blessings, my friend, I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Mike
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:46 pm

Personally I think Mattrose should read his post again.....Reconsider what he said to Damon. I feel Damon should be allowed to post and everyone should be more considerate
Reason:

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:04 pm

Thanks Mike,
I appreciate the correction. I will edit the objectionable post. If it remains problematic, let me know, and I am willing to delete it altogether, if that would be more gracious.

Blessings!
Last edited by FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Steve

Post by _Steve » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:12 pm

Friend/guest,

I don't see what there is to object to in Mattrose's post. Did you mean me? I can see what some might object to in mine.
Last edited by FAST WebCrawler [Crawler] on Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason:
In Jesus,
Steve

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:39 pm

I thank you Steve for realizing some errors I know you to be a humble, God fearing man and I appreciate that. The Holy Spirit is gracious to show us gently our mistakes. Unfortunately, it's easier to say things on this computer and disguise our real selves.... Pls be more patient and compassionate with Damon.
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:15 pm

mattrose wrote:Also, I'd like to point out a few types of 'argument' that Damon uses that are faulty/misleading.

He responded to my post by saying:

I understand that you're very confident that Jesus' Olivet discourse was only intended for that very generation.

But I haven't said any such thing.
Then I apologize for putting words in your mouth, because I misread your position.

Damon
Reason:

_mattrose

Post by _mattrose » Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:27 pm

Apology accepted

Even if, in my mind, it was certain that the entire Olivet Discourse was about AD70, that wouldn't necessarily mean I hadn't considered the alternative though.

Needless to say, this is just message board. It'd be pretty silly to get upset over message board chatter. :)

In Christ,
matthew
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”