A kingdom divided?

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:34 pm

Thank you Damon for your input.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:58 pm

Damon, wouldn't we have to then be careful and very discerning
about false prophets as we have today? Glance at TBN sometime.
Maybe we should not worry about tomorrow and quit trying to make this gospel so complicated. The gospel isn't that hard is it? Isn't the HOLY
SPIRIT our guide wont he lead us into all truth if we are serious about being a servant of the most High GOD? I dont want more men leading the way, do you? enough voices out in the world today.
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:24 am

Hi Reader.

I understand your trepidation about false prophets, but they had false prophets in the first century, too. The difference between then and now is that they also had true prophets.

Try reading the Didache sometime. It's a historical document which describes how the Church functioned in the first century, and it even describes how the Church had historically decided to test who was a true prophet and who was a false prophet. You might find it interesting.

As far as the Holy Spirit leading us into all Truth, the real truth is that we, in and of ourselves, simply aren't led into all Truth. Otherwise, why do we even have pastors and ministers, if the Holy Spirit is supposed to do the job? No, this passage means that the Holy Spirit leads us collectively into all Truth, rather than individually. And how does the Spirit do that? Through apostles, prophets, pastors and teachers (Eph. 4:4 and 11-13).

The suggestion has been made that we don't need apostles and prophets in this day and age, but I have yet to see a good explanation of why we should have so many different sects and divisions in the Body of Christ if we don't need them. Apostles and prophets existed for the very purpose of preventing such divisions!

Anyway, it's up to God, not us, to provide apostles and prophets. So until (and unless) God does so, it's kind of pointless to argue about it. Right?

Damon
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:27 am

thank you Damon for your comments...
I hope you dont think I was arguing just have so many questions...
Reason:

_Damon

Post by _Damon » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:19 am

Nah. :D

Questions are good...they make us think....

Damon
Reason:

_Anonymous

Post by _Anonymous » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:57 pm

Jesus Christ our hope.

I would have lost hope if I would not have seen the Lord in the land of the living.

When my heart is overwhelmed lead me to the Rock that is higher than I.

Hope thou in God.
Reason:

Return to “Essays and Writings”