Baptism of the masses?

21centpilgrim

Baptism of the masses?

Post by 21centpilgrim » Fri Dec 05, 2014 2:23 pm

Does anyone know when large numbers of soldiers or pagans were just baptized and 'became' Christian?
I assume this would have been in the late 300s or early 400s and continued from time to time from there. I just don't have any source material or articles available on the subject.

Thanks
Then those who feared the LORD spoke with each other, and the LORD listened to what they said. In his presence, a scroll of remembrance was written to record the names of those who feared him and loved to think about him.

Paidion

Re: Baptism of the masses?

Post by Paidion » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:30 pm

It also happened in the first century:

So those who received his word were baptized, and there were added that day about three thousand souls. (Acts 2:41)
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

willowtree

Re: Baptism of the masses?

Post by willowtree » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:26 pm

Our associate pastor has used as a sermon illustration the legend about the Knights being baptized but not including their swords. This may not be what you are looking for.

I located this website that may be closer to what you are looking for.

http://bibletruthpublishers.com/the-swo ... y/la58098

Regards, Graeme
If you find yourself between a rock and a hard place, always head for the rock. Ps 62..

Return to “Church History”