Sinless Perfection

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
SteveF

Sinless Perfection

Post by SteveF » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:08 pm

The subject of Sinless Perfection came up on the radio program today. It reminded me of a testimony I read many years ago by H.A. Ironside who was involved in the Holiness movement at its peak. I just finished it again. It is a brutally honest personal account of Ironside’s own pride, hypocrisy, and struggles during his several years in the movement. When he wrote this testimony he was already a respected bible teacher. I’m glad he was willing to, as he said, “speak as a fool”.

I found a copy of the testimony online. It was part of a book called “Holiness: The False and the True”. I only ever read the testimony in the book and never got to the rest. I’ve heard that Ironside may have gone too far towards the Eternal Security side but if you read his testimony it’s understandable why that might happen.

Here’s the link

http://www.puregospeltruth.com/holiness ... nside.html

If you want to skip the account of his conversion to Christ and go strait to the part where he joined the Holiness Movement in the Salvation Army, then do a word search using the following words:

Holiness: The Great Desideratum

Steve

Homer

Re: Sinless Perfection

Post by Homer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:43 am

Hi Steve,

I read the whole article and found it very interesting. I think the truth is found between the extremes. His point is well taken that Satan, the Accuser (with our help) can destroy us with guilt.

Thanks for posting it. Its good to read something besides technical arguements.

God bless, Homer

Return to “Radio Program Topics”