This week's debate between Steve and James White.

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
TheEditor

Re: This week's debate between Steve and James White.

Post by TheEditor » Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:50 pm

I guess all that post here better hope that debate is Scripturally allowable... :lol:
[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

robbyyoung

Post by robbyyoung » Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks Guys,

I don't know... It seems like debate, formal or informal, is more geared to the Christian vs. the non-Christian. Christian to Christian disagreements involves reproof, correction, and instruction in righteousness by use of scripture - and this within our own assemblies. Assemblies do disagree as well, but open debate against the faith seems to mirror the same line of thinking as taking our Brother to Court. If an assembly decides to ex-communicate another assembly, well then so be it. YAHWEH and Yeshua will judge the matter in the end.

I think these debates are harming the body. We need more influential members of The Body to study together, in open forum, not tear at each others current understanding. Steve talked about this unity movement, well the only way to be biblically unified is by scripture. So why not study this or that together, for all to see. I don't know, maybe it really isn't that big of a deal.

Brenden, I got what you are saying, Ha! Ha! But I don't look at what I do as debate, but bible study amongst my brethren. Unfortunately, things go south because we are not mindful or thorough enough to reach deserved conclusions. It's a lot of hard work and without the support of everyone pitching in, it stalls and goes no where. All we have are each other, The Apostles or Inspired Writers and Prophets are not here to clarify what was written. YAHWEH and The Lord Yeshua evidently wanted this way. The Body of Christ will sustain and overcome all obstacles, but wouldn't it be nice if you could say I was instrumental in its positive growth and progression? I think we all would want this.

God Bless.

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:02 pm

Robby, I like the concept of what your are suggesting. However, since there are firm disagreements between believers there just may need to be a way to that involves some aggressive arguments. Like many things in our fallen world, debates may be an example of what is needed much of the time.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”