TNP March 14th

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:55 am

darin-houston wrote:
Did you catch Genes response to 1 Cor where Paul says "the natural man cannot understand the things of God"....?
I remember him making the tired old point, but also think I remember him just mocking the position. Did he actually make a rational point on the subject, or just state the position?
No, he didn't.
He did mention in passing with Jim that Arminians just don't seem to realize that Cornelius was a proselyte and hence believer, etc. My understanding is that a god-fearer is not really a proselyte and would be a "natural man". I'm sure he's heard that point and would love to see him address it instead of just repeating the mantra that he was a believer.
This is a sore spot for Calvinist. When I debated Gene on his show, I asked him about Cornelius, and he responded with "He was regenerated before Peter got to him", I then showed Gene Acts 11 where it says concerning Cornelius "Who shall tell thee words, whereby thou and all thy house shall be saved....The response I got was rather disjointed, and we went on to another subject.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_featheredprop

Post by _featheredprop » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:38 am

brody_in_ga wrote:When I debated Gene on his show...
Brody,

Were you an invited guest on the show, or did you call in during an open forum? Generally speaking, how did the debate go?

Darin: Thanks I downloaded and listened to the podcast.

peace,

dane
Reason:
"God - He'll bloody your nose and then give you a ride home on his bicycle..." Rich Mullins 1955-1997

_brody_in_ga

Post by _brody_in_ga » Wed Mar 19, 2008 1:46 pm

featheredprop wrote:
brody_in_ga wrote:When I debated Gene on his show...
Brody,

Were you an invited guest on the show, or did you call in during an open forum?
I was invited. I have actually had 2 debates on Gene's program, one with Gene, and a formal debate with "Pastor Dusman". I was posting over at Genes forum, and Gene invited me to come on his program and defend my position.
Generally speaking, how did the debate go?
It was o.k. At least the whole thing was friendly. I made it a point to "be on my best behavior" that day. Nothing is worse than an apologist who can't control his temper*coughs-Matt Slick-Coughs*, right? Gene argued the same scriptures that always come up, and I presented a few points. All in all, it was just o.k. I am in no way a Steve Gregg, nor do I possess the intellect and semantical range that a good apologist needs.

The debate with Pastor Dusman was very fun, but again, someone more qualified than myself would have done a better job.
Reason:
For our God is a consuming fire.
Hebrews 12:29

_featheredprop

Post by _featheredprop » Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:42 pm

brody_in_ga wrote:It was o.k. At least the whole thing was friendly. I made it a point to "be on my best behavior" that day. Nothing is worse than an apologist who can't control his temper*coughs-Matt Slick-Coughs*, right?
That's pretty cool, Brody. Was the show archived, or do you have a copy? I'd enjoy listening to it.

Today was the first time I ever listened to a Gene Cook program. It was okay. The style of the show is a blending of entertainment and Christian talk, and it took about twelve minutes to get to the first caller (Jim). It was a bit of a yawn-fest for me. ... But then I'm probably too used to Steve's caffeinated, in-your-face theme music, and his shock-jock radio antics. :o)

Oh, and I never listened to Matt Slick, so I hope your cough gets better ...

peace,

dane
Reason:
"God - He'll bloody your nose and then give you a ride home on his bicycle..." Rich Mullins 1955-1997

Return to “Radio Program Topics”