New Radio Station

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Suzana

New Radio Station

Post by Suzana » Fri Oct 02, 2009 10:51 pm

The new outreach program to start next Sunday on a secular radio station in Santa Cruz sounds really exciting! I’ll be praying it really takes off & God blesses it greatly.
(For those who missed it, Steve announced this on today's TNP radio program). 8-)
Suzana

mikew

Re: New Radio Station

Post by mikew » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:05 pm

I believe he said the station is KSCO, Santa Cruz. Their website URL is coincidentally KSCO.com. And they do have listening online at http://www.ksco.com/ksco.m3u

The station is shown as a 10,000 watt station that has the effective territory reach of a 50,000 watt station.

Steve's name isn't listed on the website yet.

Remember though that Steve Gregg is interested in this more toward a general audience. He had said, on the air, something to the effect that there were many students around the area that want on opportunity to present their philosophical challenges to Christianity.
Please visit my youtube channel -- http://youtube.com/@thebibledialogues
Also visit parablesofthemysteries.com

Jason

Post by Jason » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:46 am

Just wanted to say that I found the October 18 program very interesting. Steve is an incredibly gracious host even though he probably suspects (as I do) that most of his callers are high. Is everyone in Santa Cruz toking the magic dragon or what? That last caller on the program was clearly a man who lit up and started reading Revelation (and perhaps part of Exodus) because someone told him it was trippy. The first two callers had good questions and seemed resonable enough. I hope there's more of that.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:37 pm

I can tell it will be frustrating in one way -- these atheists tend to have 100 avenues of attack, and want to bounce from one to another thinking the sheer number of them renders any meaningful response to them irrelevant. So, when you start to engage one, they chuckle and bounce to another.... Steve's a better man than I to field those calls.

By the way, I've been listening to a UK radio show called Unbelievable on http://premier.org.uk/unbelievable A few shows ago (still on the site), they had a man who had written a response to Dawkins and a former atheist active on the Dawkins site who was converted by the author, and a present atheist who is still active on the Dawkins site.

Unbelievable? 12 Sep 2009 - Richard Morgan - from Atheism to Faith
From Atheism to Christian faith via richarddawkins.net - Christians Richard Morgan, David Robertson and Atheist Ed Turner

It was a pretty interesting perspective about the new atheism and especially the atheist blogosphere.

SteveF

Post by SteveF » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:06 pm

THanks for posting a link to the discussion Darin. I enjoyed it and found it insightful as well.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:05 am

My computer was down Sunday -- anyone have this past Sunday's broadcast of Road to Find Out?

steve

Post by steve » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:07 am

I have it. I will be getting it to Jarrod to post along with others at theos.org/media.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:35 pm

Any luck on that end?

steve

Post by steve » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:35 am

Programs #3, #4, and #5 should be arriving by mail at Jarrod's house today. I assume they will be posted shortly thereafter. The eggbeater site already has all the shows as podcasts. The reason Jarrod is holding off, at my request, is that I am sending him "cleaned-up" versions. Cleaned up of what? Stuff that I think the show would be better without. Some of the callers (and myself) are rather slow of speech, using lots of "uh's" and "y'knows" and including long thought-pauses between words, which, in my opinion, make the show move more slowly and make it less engaging. It's just my opinion, but I edit some of that stuff out each week. Some may not mind (or notice) this distractions as much as I do, but I really would like to preserve the shows in the most listenable condition for future listeners.

Ian

Post by Ian » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:33 am

Steve Gregg "slow of speech"? I think not!

Return to “Radio Program Topics”