"Come out of her my people"

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
TacomaTyler

Re: "Come out of her my people"

Post by TacomaTyler » Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:07 pm

I actually meant if Babylon is referring to Jerusalem then how did Jerusalem make the nations rich? If this is viewing the whole church age then Babylon would not be Jerusalem at all. I'm just wondering.

LoveFountain

Post by LoveFountain » Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:53 am

steve wrote:
If first century Jerusalem were Babylon in Rev 18 then shouldn't we be able to interchange the two words for each other and still have Rev 18:21 make sense even until this very day?

"Thus with violence shall that great city [Jerusalem]/Babylon be thrown down, and shall be found no more at all."

Certainly Jerusalem is still found today?
Actually, it is not as accurate to say "Jerusalem is still found today," as it would be to say "Jerusalem is found again today." The prophecy said it will be found no more. That was true, after AD 70. Things changed with the passing of time so that Jerusalem was inhabited again in later generations. If "no more" means "never again" then this prophecy would not fit the facts. In my opinion, the expression "will be found no more," means it will be eliminated completely, and those going to that location will not find it there. This does fit the facts—unless this condition was meant to be permanent.

Hi Steve

In my opinion you proved it cannot be Jerusalem. When Mystery Babylon is done away with it will be found no more at all.

Bless you,
Love Fountain

LoveFountain

Post by LoveFountain » Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:04 am

TacomaTyler wrote:I actually meant if Babylon is referring to Jerusalem then how did Jerusalem make the nations rich? If this is viewing the whole church age then Babylon would not be Jerusalem at all. I'm just wondering.
Hi TacomaTyler,

In my opinion Babylon in the book of Revelation is not referring to Jerusalem but it appears Jerusalem was the economic center of the world two thousand years ago. It appears many get stuck on the word "city" in the last verse of Revelation 17 and therefore want to put Mystery Babylon as a literal city. It appears that's why people will say it's Jerusalem or Rome, etc..

Bless you,
Love Fountain

Return to “Radio Program Topics”