Birth control

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
mattrose

Re: Birth control

Post by mattrose » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:31 am

I'm amillennial in that I don't think Revelation is talking about a literal 1000 year period. I also lean open-theist in that I don't think the success of the church is pre-determined by God's past declaration, but determined by the church's present and future obedience. I think it is very possible that the Gospel could transform the world before the Second Coming... such a transformation could even provoke it.

KyleB

Post by KyleB » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:10 pm

mattrose wrote:I myself think that 'singleness' as a vocation and/or gift will become more prominent in Christianity as time goes on.
Very curious my dear chappie.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:16 pm

My father-in-law had 14 children. As the last ones were coming along, the doctor was becoming concerned about the health of the mother. He said to my father-in-law, "Don't you think it's about time to stop having children?"

My father-in-law replied, "Well... the LORD said, "Be fruitful and multiply and replenish the earth."

"That's right," said the doctor. "But He didn't say that you had to do it all by yourself!"
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

look2jesus

Post by look2jesus » Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:40 pm

Paidion,

I wish there was a "like" button for expressing agreement with a post without having, necessarily, to submit a comment. That was good!

l2j
And it is my prayer that your love may abound more and more, with knowlege and discernment...Philippians 1:9 ESV

Return to “Radio Program Topics”