Question: Opinion on Islam and Revelation?

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
dwilkins

Re: Question: Opinion on Islam and Revelation?

Post by dwilkins » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:38 pm

Instead of this being the sign of the end, I'd suggest it has come about because of the dispensationalist control of Christianity in the US in the last 100 years. Their wish for the end times has become a self fulfilling prophecy. Christianity has been dominant, and the current enemies became nearly irrelevant after 1000 years of terror, when an essentially partial preterist kingdom of God focused eschatology was dominant. When we get back to it, we'll have something to offer the world. Until then it's just hand wringing and the expectation of eventual failure.

Doug

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:54 am

How does this trend affect you're view of eschatology? Isn't this a given global end times scenario to usher in Christ's return? Keeping in mind that their end times scenario is in line with what many dispensational Christians are espousing? The only key difference being OUR good guys are THEIR bad guys? How familiar are you with those parallel versions of these end times?
jpat1975 Posts: 23Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:14 am

Well firstly I'm not dispensational as I don't find the Dan 9.26 prophecy about placing the 7 year period 2,000 years later convincing. Also rebuilding the temple to me is bizarre and really insulting to Christ's sacrifice for us. So the Historicist understanding to me makes the most sense and there are different flavors. It does seem to me that Israel's rebirth and then all these countries surrounding it plus Iran wanting to annihilate it as beyond the realistic possibility of coincidence. I don't know how it could look any more closer to Psalm 83. The previous leader of Iran even unwittingly quoted Psalm 83 at a UN speech about destroying Israel. Jesus did reference 70AD as the fulfillment of all things but it was in the context of him discussing that specific event so I don't take that as the bible never referencing anything beyond 70AD.
I don't know what you are referring to re "those parallel versions"? Can you explain?
Last edited by steve7150 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:49 pm

The previous leader of Iran even unwittingly quoted Psalm 38 at a UN speech about destroying Israel

Meant to say Psalm 83

jpat1975

Post by jpat1975 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:08 pm

Last edited by jpat1975 on Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jpat1975

Post by jpat1975 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 5:10 pm

Some parallels here...

http://www.answering-islam.org/Authors/ ... christ.htm

I would imagine these things predated dispensationalism although I haven't compared the history of which theory was presented first:
Chapter Five

Comparing The Biblical Antichrist And The Mahdi

The Antichrist

Most people who haven’t even read the Bible have heard of the man known popularly as “The Antichrist.” Simply put, according to the Bible, the Antichrist will be Satan’s primary human agent on the earth in the last-days. Interestingly, in the Bible, the Antichrist is actually only referred to once by that specific name (1 John 2:18). Using other names however, there are numerous references to the Antichrist found throughout the Bible. Some of the various names that Scripture assigns to the Antichrist are “the Beast” (Revelation 13:4)...

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:54 pm

jpat1975 wrote:Comparing The Biblical Antichrist And The Mahdi

I think the Mahdi is Islam's answer to the second coming of Christ. Iran thinks if it destroys Israel it will usher in the Mahdi to force the world to accept Islam.
Pretty much everything about Islam was specifically created to be in opposition to Christ.

jpat1975

Post by jpat1975 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Well.. Joel Richardson's book Mideast Beast has sold me on this theory of the Islamic Caliphat before/after as the Legs of Iron & Feet in Daniel 2. Rome is not at all in view either in Daniel 2 nor 7. In chapter 7 it is the 4th beast. The Roman empire is found lacking both in geographic reach as well as in STYLE of domination (peaceful, embracing language and culture). The "PEOPLE of the prince to come" in Daniel 9 are LOCAL HIRED Arabic (including SYRIAN) grunts whom Titus could not restrain in 70 AD. So the government/empire/leaderahip (PRINCE) Rome is NOT the focus of that prophecy. The PEOPLE are. Josephus and other historians reaonably show that Italians (and Europeans) were a SMALL FRACTION of those legions mustered in 70 AD. This book clarified a lot of stuff for me.

What really triggered that change was the extended existance of former empires of Babylon, Medo-Persia and Greece. See Daniel 7:12. Their technical extension removes the need to require Rome in Daniel 2 & 7. The 7 headed beast in Revelation however does include Rome as well as 2 other pagan empires that were previously left out: Egypt and Assyria. So the antichrist will be from a revived islamic caliphat that died in 1924 when the Ottoman empire was shattered into nation states. The rise of isis is part of how this beast is coming back to life. This fractured state of the middle east - including sunni-shai divides (and ishmael being a wild ass against everyone else including his own) is the clay that matches the feet in Daniel 2. No other explaination can explain how a future antichrist could control the islamic world - except for a false space aliens (fallen angel) counterfiet. :o This view has rekindled my interest in dispensationalism in some respects. Not everything.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:09 am

So the antichrist will be from a revived islamic caliphat that died in 1924 when the Ottoman empire was shattered into nation states. The rise of isis is part of how this beast is coming back to life

Yes i think he believes that Turkey will reclaim it's Ottoman Empire roots as the leader of the Islamic world and that "The Antichrist" will emerge from there.
Turkey certainly seems to be changing from a secular country to one much more Islamic. You don't have to be dispensational to accept this premise BTW.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”