Bathroom Wrath

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
steve7150

Re: Bathroom Wrath

Post by steve7150 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:39 am

if you extend this standard to it's logical end, wouldn't that jeopardize female sports teams?

A couple of things. I watched a "documentary" on TLC called "I am Jazz" about a boy who felt like a girl and this was going back to when he was just 4 and was clearly attracted to girls stuff. So his parents let him dress up as a girl and be a girl , but around 18 (in 4 years) she will have to decide whether to endure an actual sex change operation, which is not always successful. She has always used the girls bathroom. To me she is clearly a legitimate transgender person.

However I remember Renee Richards from the late 70s who was Richard Raskin and changed to a women in her late 30s. She had been a male tennis player ranked around 250 in the world, but unannounced Renee Richards started playing in womens tournaments and eventually climbed to a ranking of 20. Other women started complaining that it was unfair. Renee was already in her early forties, but what if she was in her late 20s, and climbed to the top ten, and what if there were 10 more like her? What is the definition of transgender and who decides?

If she can use the locker room, you can't impede her from playing on the team that uses the locker room?

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:24 pm

What is the definition of transgender and who decides?

Apparently there are no guidelines as of now so the individual decides based on how he feels or perhaps on other factors like might he have something to gain?
Recently a transgender competed in MMA (mixed martial arts) in the Women's circuit and seriously injured her opponent. A transgender competed in a Women's high school track team and did very well.
If there is no distinction except "feelings" for sexual identity then shouldn't the same criterion be used for race and ethnicity? It is a fact that certain schools and government contracts are more available to women and minorities, so if a certain school has a quota to take in a certain amount of Hispanics, is it feasible for an applicant to decide he/she is Hispanic based on their own private interpretation?

There really is no end to how far this bizarre stuff can go if people are motivated enough.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Tue Jun 07, 2016 3:59 pm

So "transgender" is subjective. A "transgender person" is simply a person who believes he or she is not really the sex that his or her biology indicates, but is actually the other sex. This belief may or may not be permanent.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”