The OTHER 2 seven-fold judgememts in Leviticus 26 = 1948???

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
jpat1975

The OTHER 2 seven-fold judgememts in Leviticus 26 = 1948???

Post by jpat1975 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:53 am

I have been going through Steve's Daniel 9 studies... So this prophecy begins with the rebuilding of Jerusalem (as per Ezra & Nehemiah, etc) - and ends with its destruction in 70 AD. Any secondary fulfillment seems dubious to Steve Gregg nor does he seem to really see the point of such.

Personally given the 7 fold additonal judgements of 70 years to 490 years - it seems that an additonal 7 fold further extension of that is possible. The purpose of such could simply be out of love for the Jews.

Such a tiny nation culture enduring to today seems like God's grace to me.

It also would give a plausible context/scenario to wrap up human history with long overdue judgements - where He finally reveals Himself more obviously to unbelievers, etc.

It doesn't seem so pointless in this context, does it?

But does God actually OWE Israel a promised chance? Wasn't their rejection of Jesus the last straw?

.......OR do these additional seven fold mentions grant them future chances follow?

Maybe v18 talks about the initial 70 years in Babylon?

Maybe v21 talks about additional 490 afterwards that completed with Christ 1st coming?

Thus I personally see a plausible legal reason for God in v23 as well as perhaps even more in v27. Would not this extend to at least May 1948?

.....Or does Christ's New Covenant simply scrap all these additional chances (in Mosaic Law) beyond His 1st coming?

What are we to make of these FOUR mentions of SEVEN-FOLD judgements and the door open to remember His covenant back to Jacob???

Leviticus 26:14-46 (ESV)
"{Punishment for Disobedience}
14 “But if you will not listen to me and will not do all these commandments,
15 if you spurn my statutes, and if your soul abhors my rules, so that you will not do all my commandments, but break my covenant,
16 then I will do this to you: I will visit you with panic, with wasting disease and fever that consume the eyes and make the heart ache. And you shall sow your seed in vain, for your enemies shall eat it.
17 I will set my face against you, and you shall be struck down before your enemies. Those who hate you shall rule over you, and you shall flee when none pursues you.
18 And if in spite of this you will not listen to me, then I will discipline you again sevenfold for your sins,
19 and I will break the pride of your power, and I will make your heavens like iron and your earth like bronze.
20 And your strength shall be spent in vain, for your land shall not yield its increase, and the trees of the land shall not yield their fruit.
21 “Then if you walk contrary to me and will not listen to me, I will continue striking you, sevenfold for your sins.
22 And I will let loose the wild beasts against you, which shall bereave you of your children and destroy your livestock and make you few in number, so that your roads shall be deserted.
23 “And if by this discipline you are not turned to me but walk contrary to me,
24 then I also will walk contrary to you, and I myself will strike you sevenfold for your sins.
25 And I will bring a sword upon you, that shall execute vengeance for the covenant. And if you gather within your cities, I will send pestilence among you, and you shall be delivered into the hand of the enemy.
26 When I break your supply of bread, ten women shall bake your bread in a single oven and shall dole out your bread again by weight, and you shall eat and not be satisfied.
27 “But if in spite of this you will not listen to me, but walk contrary to me,
28 then I will walk contrary to you in fury, and I myself will discipline you sevenfold for your sins.
29 You shall eat the flesh of your sons, and you shall eat the flesh of your daughters.
30 And I will destroy your high places and cut down your incense altars and cast your dead bodies upon the dead bodies of your idols, and my soul will abhor you.
31 And I will lay your cities waste and will make your sanctuaries desolate, and I will not smell your pleasing aromas.
32 And I myself will devastate the land, so that your enemies who settle in it shall be appalled at it.
33 And I will scatter you among the nations, and I will unsheathe the sword after you, and your land shall be a desolation, and your cities shall be a waste.
34 “Then the land shall enjoy its Sabbaths as long as it lies desolate, while you are in your enemies' land; then the land shall rest, and enjoy its Sabbaths.
35 As long as it lies desolate it shall have rest, the rest that it did not have on your Sabbaths when you were dwelling in it.
36 And as for those of you who are left, I will send faintness into their hearts in the lands of their enemies. The sound of a driven leaf shall put them to flight, and they shall flee as one flees from the sword, and they shall fall when none pursues.
37 They shall stumble over one another, as if to escape a sword, though none pursues. And you shall have no power to stand before your enemies.
38 And you shall perish among the nations, and the land of your enemies shall eat you up.
39 And those of you who are left shall rot away in your enemies' lands because of their iniquity, and also because of the iniquities of their fathers they shall rot away like them.
40 “But if they confess their iniquity and the iniquity of their fathers in their treachery that they committed against me, and also in walking contrary to me, 41 so that I walked contrary to them and brought them into the land of their enemies—if then their uncircumcised heart is humbled and they make amends for their iniquity,
42 then I will remember my covenant with Jacob, and I will remember my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land.
43 But the land shall be abandoned by them and enjoy its Sabbaths while it lies desolate without them, and they shall make amends for their iniquity, because they spurned my rules and their soul abhorred my statutes.
44 Yet for all that, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not spurn them, neither will I abhor them so as to destroy them utterly and break my covenant with them, for I am the Lord their God.
45 But I will for their sake remember the covenant with their forefathers, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the Lord.”
46 These are the statutes and rules and laws that the Lord made between himself and the people of Israel through Moses on Mount Sinai."

jpat1975

Re: The OTHER 2 seven-fold judgememts in Leviticus 26 = 1948

Post by jpat1975 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:59 am

Anyone???

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:00 pm

18 And if in spite of this you will not listen to me, then I will discipline you again sevenfold for your sins,

Some believe this was fulfilled in 606BC when Zedekiah was overthrown and Israel lost it's independence. The 7 periods are 7 X 360 years = 2520 years. So 606BC plus 2520 years come to 1914 the start of WW1. WW1 led to the Turks losing control over Palestine and then led to the restoration of Israel.

jpat1975

Post by jpat1975 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:55 am

Does my question/theory make sense?

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:59 am

45 But I will for their sake remember the covenant with their forefathers, whom I brought out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the nations, that I might be their God: I am the Lord.”

I'm not sure what your questions are but i think it's plausible that these judgments and prophecies extend to modern Israel. I think it is likely that the intense hatred Muslims have for Israel and often Jews is beyond anything natural, it seems supernatural to me.
Certainly God doesn't owe Israel or Jews anything but he might fulfill his purposes using Israel, it seems to me a good possibility. Another long range prophecy is the "double trouble" prophecy whereas "double" means "duplicate" not twice as much. At Jacob's death the 12 tribes were created so it can be looked at as the origin of Israel. Add 1845 years to this takes us to 33AD when Jesus was Crucified so then the "double/duplicate" period of disfavor began. Add 1845 years takes us to 1878 when Petah Tikva (Door of Hope) (Hosea 2.15)the first Israeli settlement was created. This ended the period of disfavor and allowed Israel to be reborn eventually.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:05 am

Some believe this was fulfilled in 606BC when Zedekiah was overthrown and Israel lost it's independence. The 7 periods are 7 X 360 years = 2520 years. So 606BC plus 2520 years come to 1914 the start of WW1. WW1 led to the Turks losing control over Palestine and then led to the restoration of Israel.
steve7150

According to David Stein on Christianquestions.net from July 27,2014 found under "Archives" he says the Jews are regathered in unbelief because the first ripe figs
grow on the old fruit/wood. This is fruitage under the remnants of the old wood of the Law Covenant. The big crop will come under the New Covenant. Stein says "We understand Israel's blindness to be lifted after they are regathered in the land."

Return to “Radio Program Topics”