acts bible study narrowpath

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
grayham

acts bible study narrowpath

Post by grayham » Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:51 am

in the study of acts .acts16v34 steve says that young children cant belive in the gospel,the word. as the jailer and all his house hold belived there for there were no young children in his family as young children cant belive in the word does any one else hold this view at all and why?

Paidion

Re: acts bible study narrowpath

Post by Paidion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Grayham, you wrote:in the study of acts .acts16v34 steve says that young children cant belive in the gospel
Why are you constantly attacking Steve's teaching? If you are intent on making these accusations, at least provide a link to such teachings in order to back up your statements.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve

Post by steve » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:55 pm

I get many emails from Graham. They are always hard to understand, due to his neglect of punctuation, capitalization, and other indicators that he does not give his posts or emails much thought. He recently wrote to me with this very question. He thinks that I said young children can't believe, and that I have contradicted myself in my own testimony, since I have often mentioned that I have been a believer since childhood.

In fact, I have never suggested that young children cannot believe. My comments in the Acts lecture were directed against the arguments of paedobaptists, who claim that infant baptism was practiced in the New Testament times. They point out that the Philippian jailor was baptized "with all his house." This, they say, supports household baptism, including the baptism of infants.

My comments pointed out that the same passage tells us that the jailor "believed, along with his whole house." In other words, everyone in his house was a believer, and that is why they were baptized. I mentioned that infants cannot believe, and should therefore not be baptized.

Graham thinks that my suggestion that infants cannot believe contradicts my teaching that children can believe.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:41 pm

Thank you for that clarification, Steve.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

TK

Post by TK » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:15 am

Back in the day there was a song by Cheap Trick called "Dream Police."

Apparently Grayham is the "Steve Police."

Now I can't get that song out of my head.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:01 pm

I have heard of children who believe in Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy., and the Easter Bunny. Somewhere along their growth line they come to know the truth. Infants probably don't believe in those things because they're infants. The age of reason or accountability comes to mind. Children can believe in many things without knowing if they are true.

Not a lot of scripture here to back me up, just observation.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Radio Program Topics”