ezekiel 28.

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
grayham

ezekiel 28.

Post by grayham » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:19 pm

job 32v7-10
i dissagree with the host on this.i think from ezi 28 v1-13 it is speaking about the king of tyre.but from verse 12-15 for some reason it is telling us about saten,and giving more info about him.saten is a angelic being a created being i agree not a angel as there are angels seraphem and cherubs how they differ in appearance no one knows.but if i umderstand the host on this you believe saten to be a snake,a serpent,why not a dragon as also described in revelation.i dont believe saten is is snake .scripture says the serpent was more cunning than all the creatures god had made.any way i have noticed that if some one does dissagree on certain views as this and calvanist issues you make it difficult for the caller to put his point across.

Paidion

Re: ezekiel 28.

Post by Paidion » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:17 pm

job 32v7-10
i dissagree with the host on this.
Is there anything that Steve teaches with which you DO agree? Or is your only purpose to oppose him?
If you continue in this practice, no one is going to respond to your posts.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:47 am

Gray, your theology is as sloppy as your writing. I suspect both are the result of laziness. Plus, you have a mean streak. You are making yourself look foolish.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:22 am

Who is saten??
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

steve

Post by steve » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:33 am

Graham,

To clarify, I do not think Satan is a snake or a dragon. If you have listened to my shows in the last two days, you know that I explained to a caller (on the subject of the binding of Satan) that I believe Revelation is symbolic, and that a serpent and a dragon are images used there to represent Satan. The image of Satan as a serpent, however, does originate in the Genesis story.

Once again, you misunderstood my comments, yesterday, when I was talking to a caller about the origin of Satan. He was pretty strongly against my position, like yourself, but he was sensible enough to consider the argument, and seems to have been persuaded when he heard it.

He was saying that Ezekiel 28:12ff describe Satan, because the passage says he was a cherub in the Garden of Eden. My point is that the passages is a poetical description of the king of Tyre, since that is who is specifically and unambiguously addressed in the passage. The fact that the addressee is said to have been corrupted, specifically, by "trading" (i.e., commercial activity) also points to the real king of Tyre—but to Satan? Not so much.

The statement about his being a cherub in Eden is either literal or figurative. I believe it is as figurative as is the description (in Ezekiel 31) of the "Assyrian" being a tree in Eden. I don't think that either of these kings was literally in Eden—either as a cherub or as a tree.

My statement that apparently tripped you up was that, if the oracle to the king of Tyre refers to a literal cherub in Eden, then this eliminates Satan as a candidate, because, in the Garden of Eden, Satan was not the cherub, but the serpent. While I do take the story of Eden, in Genesis, literally, I do not believe that Satan is a serpent. I believe he possessed, and spoke through, a serpent on that occasion.

There was a literal cherub in Eden, but it wasn't the serpent or Satan. It was a sentry placed by God, after the fall, to guard against anyone eating the fruit from the tree of life. If Ezekiel 28 is speaking literally, then the prophet is identifying the king of Tyre as being that cherub—a being about whom nothing else is known from scripture. I think this is more than a little doubtful.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”