Narrow Path Call of the Week ~ "Is God in the Parking Lot?"

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
Biblegate

Narrow Path Call of the Week ~ "Is God in the Parking Lot?"

Post by Biblegate » Sat Jul 07, 2018 8:55 am

Have you ever been so desperate to find a parking space that you asked God to find one for you? If a space were to miraculously appear, was it because God answered your prayer, or because it was providentially determined beforehand? Does God bother with parking-lot prayers?

https://youtu.be/kQC2EL-oEfE

TK

Re: Narrow Path Call of the Week ~ "Is God in the Parking Lo

Post by TK » Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:57 am

That reminds me of a joke.

Irishman O'Malley was driving around Boston, late for an appointment, looking desperately for a parking spot. "Lord," he prayed, "If you will only help me find a parking space, I'll never miss another day of church in me life." Suddenly, a space between two cars off to the side of the road magically appeared. "Never mind," O'Malley prayed. "I found one meself."

Biblegate

Post by Biblegate » Sun Jul 08, 2018 7:26 am

TK wrote:Irishman O'Malley was driving around Boston, late for an appointment, looking desperately for a parking spot. "Lord," he prayed, "If you will only help me find a parking space, I'll never miss another day of church in me life." Suddenly, a space between two cars off to the side of the road magically appeared. "Never mind," O'Malley prayed. "I found one meself."

Early this morning I started reading your post with a straight face (hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet); exploded in laughter when I got to the end, which woke me all the way up! Thanks for the wake-up, TK. Great joke, with truth at the center. :lol:

TK

Post by TK » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:54 am

Yes- a pastor used that joke for the beginning of a sermon about the truth at the center.

Homer

Post by Homer » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:47 pm

What did Jesus teach us about trivial matters when He said "not a sparrow falls apart from the Father"? Seems to say that nothing escapes His attention.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”