apostles for today.18.7 caller

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
grayham

apostles for today.18.7 caller

Post by grayham » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:25 am

i wish to dissagrer with the host.
jesus chose 12 people to be apostles.they had all the sighn gifts of healing raising the dead etc.also according to luke in acts to be a apostle had to be some one who went in and out among the disciples and jesus ministry for the last 3 years.and had to be and seen the risen christ this then rules out any apostles after the 12 died as they were not replaced.paul was the only other apostle.there are no apostles today or ever will be.only the special 12 were apostles.based on the bible.

TK

Re: apostles for today.18.7 caller

Post by TK » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:10 am

Wow I’m shocked :shock:

steve

Re: apostles for today.18.7 caller

Post by steve » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:30 pm

On what point? You said you don't believe in modern-day apostles, and I said I did not particularly believe in them either.
jesus chose 12 people to be apostles.they had all the sighn gifts of healing raising the dead etc.also according to luke in acts to be a apostle had to be some one who went in and out among the disciples and jesus ministry for the last 3 years.
This was the qualification to be one of the twelve, not to be an apostle. Paul and Barnabas are both called apostles, but were not of the twelve, and would not have qualified to be, by this standard.
and had to be and seen the risen christ...
Seeing the risen Christ was not a stated qualification for being an apostle—and Barnabas, Silas and Timothy (all referred to as apostles in scripture) would not meet this qualification.
this then rules out any apostles after the 12 died as they were not replaced
I agree that the 12 were not replaced. However, there were other apostles besides the twelve (as named above). Even if seeing the risen Lord was a requirement for being an apostle (not stated to be so in scripture), this would not mean that no one could be an apostle after the death of the twelve. Paul saw the risen Christ in a vision, after Christ had ascended. Could Christ appear similarly to others today?
paul was the only other apostle.there are no apostles today or ever will be.only the special 12 were apostles.based on the bible.
Well, there may indeed be no apostles today, but you are mistaken in the other assertions you are making. They are not according to the Bible.

Return to “Radio Program Topics”