hell question

Discuss topics raised by callers on the radio program
grayham

hell question

Post by grayham » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:25 am

i dissagree with the host jesus said it many times eternal punishment. means just that.is erternal life etetnal.yes so is hell.vindictive no.god is just sin deserves punishment.its not vindictive.but the host does not believe in ertetnal hell so he has to find ways to fit his views.on there are degrees of rewards and degrees of punishment each is erternal other wise why did christ die for our sins if we are just blotted out

Seeker

Re: hell question

Post by Seeker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Write out Revelation 14:11 on a piece of paper. Next to it, write out Isaiah 34:10. Read all of Isaiah 34. I don’t think you can do that and sincerely still think Revelation 14:11 supports eternal torment, though when I was younger that’s the verse I heard quoted most often to support the view. Having studied further I’m almost completely convinced that the Bible doesn’t teach eternal torment at all.

It’s extremely rare today to be a Christian and not at least have once believed in eternal torment. So like Steve most who believe otherwise aren’t trying to protect some other view, but have arrived there due to convincing evidence.

Cheryl

Post by Cheryl » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:42 pm

grayham wrote:.but the host does not believe in ertetnal hell so he has to find ways to fit his views.on
Grayham,

It is one thing to disagree with someone and to state your reasons for your disagreement. It is quite another to assassinate the other’s character to try to make your point. If you have listened to Steve for any length of time, and if you are honest with yourself, you will know that Steve studies scripture to determine what it says rather than come at scripture with a preconceived notion and try to make the text fit what he believes. To suggest that Steve “has to find ways to fit his views“ is dishonest and unbecoming. You need to apologize.

I will no longer read any posts that have your name as the OP.

steve

Post by steve » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:57 pm

Graham,

It is clear you have not yet read my book, nor requested the free copy I offered to send you. Why not?

Return to “Radio Program Topics”