Forum tools

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
Singalphile

Re: Forum tools

Post by Singalphile » Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:25 am

Oh, cool. Thanks!
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

jarrod

Post by jarrod » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:42 am

I like this suggestion. However after looking at what is available in the templates, I do not see that they give access by default to the templates (from which the notification e-mails are built). You can see the full variable list for modifying here:

https://wiki.phpbb.com/Viewforum_Template_Variables

From that, I can construct the e-mail for any notification to look how people view best.

I can update it to include the Author and Subject.

Jarrod
darinhouston wrote:
backwoodsman wrote:It would be nice if the email notification of a new post in a subscribed topic, would include the author and text of the new post. Some forums do that; it's handy if you want to read the post right away but don't have time to reply at the moment, or if you want to save the notification for future reference and want more of a reminder that just the subject.
I second that one big time.

darinhouston

Post by darinhouston » Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:03 pm

Could you parse the return contents from the URL U_LAST_POST ?
jarrod wrote:I like this suggestion. However after looking at what is available in the templates, I do not see that they give access by default to the templates (from which the notification e-mails are built). You can see the full variable list for modifying here:

https://wiki.phpbb.com/Viewforum_Template_Variables

From that, I can construct the e-mail for any notification to look how people view best.

I can update it to include the Author and Subject.

Jarrod
darinhouston wrote:
backwoodsman wrote:It would be nice if the email notification of a new post in a subscribed topic, would include the author and text of the new post. Some forums do that; it's handy if you want to read the post right away but don't have time to reply at the moment, or if you want to save the notification for future reference and want more of a reminder that just the subject.
I second that one big time.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:17 am

Don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it would be nice to be able to subscribe to email notification of any new post in the forum, so I don't have to reload the "View active topics" page a dozen times a day. :)

Return to “New Forum”