New Trouble Scrolling And Pointing etc.

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
Bud

New Trouble Scrolling And Pointing etc.

Post by Bud » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:46 pm

Hi, this could be my phone's problem.

But am experiencing (only on this website):

Trouble scrolling; have to go very slow or page is blank till it "catches up"

Trouble typing; there is a slight delay when I type a letter and when it appears on the screen.

Trouble pointing n' clicking; things to line up on n' click on aren't turning red with an underline like they used to easily.

The above is new (last couple of days)

I appreciate any consideration of this problem. I don't know if anyone else is experiencing these things or not.

If it turns out to be my phone (I don't have a computer) I'm sorry if this query puts any one out.

Thank you, n' God bless,
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

jeremiah

Re: New Trouble Scrolling And Pointing etc.

Post by jeremiah » Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 pm

hello Bud,

That sounds likes it's probably your phone, but i'm just a phone user like you, not an expert. How often do you power it off and restart it? I've been told to do this daily.
How many tabs do you have open in your browser when this happens?

hope you get it fixed, jeremiah
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Bud

Post by Bud » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:18 pm

Hi Jeremiah! You said n' asked:
hello Bud,

That sounds likes it's probably your phone, but i'm just a phone user like you, not an expert. How often do you power it off and restart it? I've been told to do this daily.
How many tabs do you have open in your browser when this happens?
. I power off a number of times daily.
I only ever have one tab(?) Open at a time.
I was thinking it might be site related as I'm only having these probs at this site ( the site I use the most ) But of course you may very well be right about it.

What kinda phone n' service do you use, if you don't mind me askin as I might get something else someday and I would want it to work on this site? :)
Malachi 3:16 Then those who feared the LORD spoke to one another, and the LORD gave attention and heard [it,] and a book of remembrance was written before Him for those who fear the LORD and who esteem His name. (NASB) :)

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:22 pm

If it just started a couple days ago, I'd suspect the "snow" that Jarrod puts on the site sometimes in the winter. It's a nice visual effect, but I use a javascript blocker to get rid of it because it maxes out the CPU on a couple of my older but not-that-slow (1.7gHz) machines. I'm sure it works fine on faster machines, but I can see how it could cause problems on something like a phone, or maybe even a netbook, as those are pretty slow. Can you turn off javascript on your phone to see if it helps?

jeremiah

Post by jeremiah » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:25 pm

hey Bud,

I use Tmobile, and my phone is a Samsung Galaxy S. It's a mid-grade smartphone (one I don't recommend if you want a long battery life :) ). If what Backwoodsman suggests is correct, and you can't find the javascript toggle switch in your web browser, try downloading the Dolphin web browser. I've been using it instead of Firefox recently and like it much better. The javascript toggle switch can be found by: settings(phone's soft key)> more> settings> web content> enable javascript. I couldn't find this option in the settings menu for Firefox.

By the way when i first saw the snow i thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, blinked a couple times and said, oh nevermind. :)

grace and peace...
Also unto thee, O Lord, belongeth mercy: for thou renderest to every man according to his work.

Bud

Post by Bud » Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:28 pm

Backwoodsman, Jeremiah, Thanks for your info. I unchecked Javascript though I wasn't seeing any snow on MY phone (3G blackberry Curve 8530 wt. Virgin Mobile). I didn't notice any difference, but now as I'm typing this there is no lag in the letters appearing after I key them, cool, maybe something has changed.

Sorry about your batt life Jeremiah, mine isn't too great either, especially as it gets older (2yrs). I've never tried downloading a browser. Don't know if its possible on this phone with this service, but I will Google Dolphin browser n' try. I'll learn something and maybe have a better browser if mine hasn't improved from that javascript disallow.

Backwoodsman, I appreciate your tech savvy :) And both of yours hospitality,

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:53 pm

Sorry for the bad affect from the snow. I like it each year since it is the only snow we see down in Houston ;)

I disabled it for now... I hope it fixes your issue.

Jarrod

Bud

Post by Bud » Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:52 pm

Jarrod, wow! All my problems surfing this site have disappeared. Though I hate to be the cause of you n' others not having "snow". If you turn the snow back on I will understand.
If I get a better phone that, presumably, could handle the snow I'll let you know.

Oddly,, I was in Houston like 25 yrs ago n' we had some brief snow.

Thank you n' God bless,

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:14 pm

Jarrod, any chance of getting the snow turned off again? It eats up a whole lot of CPU on slower machines, and it'll eat a phone battery a lot faster too, for those who get to the forum that way. It's a cool effect, but I'd vote for just leaving it off since it causes problems for some (like me).

Return to “New Forum”