little sounds when Steve is broadcasting

Post Problems, Suggestions, or Comments about the New Forum.
Ryan07

little sounds when Steve is broadcasting

Post by Ryan07 » Sat May 24, 2014 9:14 am

I notice when I listen with my headphones a lot of little scratching sounds and stuff. It almost sounded like Steve was taking notes and I could hear his pen scratching the paper. Really high quality mic? :p:p I only bring this up as they kinduh bother my ears when I have headphones on!

steve

Re: little sounds when Steve is broadcasting

Post by steve » Sat May 24, 2014 9:57 pm

Lately, I have been clearing my throat more than usual, and I often forget to mute the mic. My wife has pointed this out to me recently. Is this something you are only hearing lately, or has it always been that way? I don't generally take notes during the broadcast. I do turn pages in my Bible, which you might be hearing (I prefer using a physical Bible to look things up in, rather than to use a Bible program online). Also, since I am in my house, there are sometimes sounds outside that might be heard over the air (garbage trucks collecting, yard service workers mowing lawns, traffic sounds, etc). I don't know if any of these things describe what you may be hearing.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 pm

I think I recently heard what Ryan07 described, but unfortunately I don't remember what I was listening to ... something in Isaiah perhaps. It was a loud click or scratch sound every 15 seconds or so. It wasn't your voice or ambient sounds. I assumed it was something caused by an old cassette recording process. It was an older recording, I think.

I've listened to all TNP shows and many of the lectures and verse-by-verse teaching, and I only recall hearing this once (and it was recently). It did grate so much that I switched to something else. Wish I could remember what it was.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Sun May 25, 2014 12:13 am

Steve, none of the background noise ever comes over the radio. Apparently you're using a noise cancelling mic. Even when you're in a noisy environment we hear nothing but your voice.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Sun May 25, 2014 1:07 am

I listen to a lot of Christian audio at night (Steve, sermons from Greg Boyd, etc).

The funny frustration that I have is when a congregation including children is present during the recording. Every noise a child makes in my headphones causes me to think my daughters are awake in the other room!

Ryan07

Post by Ryan07 » Mon May 26, 2014 11:22 am

It was just a little scratching sound like a pen writing through a large portion of an evening broadcast. Clear your throat all you need brother no issue there. :p I'll mention it if I hear it again! Thanks.

Return to “New Forum”