Left my church... looking for Portland, OR area Christians

Choosethisday

Re: Left my church... looking for Portland, OR area Christia

Post by Choosethisday » Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:00 am

Jaydam, a church my wife and I have visited and like, located in the general Beaverton area, is Village Baptist Church. We have had the missions pastor, and then his wife for another week's class, instruct at the last three Perspectives classes we coordinated and are very impressed with the churches dedication and intentionality to advancing Gods' Kingdom. We consider advancing Gods' Kingdom to be our primary way of bringing glory to Him and very much seek this in a church. Yes, they are Calvinist and such but otherwise we could really get behind them if we didn't live 45 minutes away. Another church in your general area which has helped a great deal with the Perspectives program has been Rolling Hills Community Church in Tualatin. We were very impressed with their dedication to Gods' work and how friendly they are.

Also, I would be very much interested in attending when Steve teaches in the Portland area. Please post here when their is more info on this.

Blessings all.

jaydam

Post by jaydam » Mon Sep 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Thanks for the church recommendation.

I think my wife and I found a place. It is called The Well. We've gone twice, and so far so good. My fingers are crossed.

Steve hasn't told me anything yet. I PM'd him my contact info, so we'll see. I thought he said on the radio he was looking at November for his PDX trip.

Choosethisday

Post by Choosethisday » Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:21 pm

The Well is a great church. I know a few people who attend there and some of it's leaders. Also, the church has a large number of it's people who have gone through the Perspectives program. I have noticed a strong correlation between this and the seriousness of a church body. Please say hi to Chris Coffee, he was the kickoff speaker for our class last year and will likely be the same for the one we are involved with this year.

Return to “General”