Was a synagogue owned?

_Christopher

Post by _Christopher » Fri May 12, 2006 8:53 am

Thank you for sharing that Mort. Very inspiring and informative.
Last edited by Guest on Wed Dec 31, 1969 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason:
"If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;
And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." John 8:31-32

_schoel

Post by _schoel » Fri May 12, 2006 9:55 am

Good stuff Mort.

Your story reminds me that there isn't any perfect church model because each model is implemented by imperfect people.

It seems to me that most Christ-like churches are lead by the most Christ-like elders, but perfect unity in Christ seems impossible in this life.

I was just thinking of worship team practice last night, where the drummer turned to me (I play bass once in a while) and gushed about the sound system that he'd seen at another church. It was difficult for me to refrain from stating that some of the church buildings with the best sound systems that I'd visited were farthest from the truth.

I suggest you post this in its own thread under Misc Essays by Participants to allow others to find this information easily.
Reason:

_livingink

Post by _livingink » Sun May 14, 2006 10:01 pm

Hi Mort,

I think its a lot more clear now why I have been reluctant to start a group. You described the same situation I encountered just trying to teach a small class of adults. But then I think of Paul in prison and still asking for his parchments--preparing for another lesson. I guess he couldn't stomach church as usual either.

livingink
Reason:

Return to “General”