Christian Tracts for Christians

Singalphile

Christian Tracts for Christians

Post by Singalphile » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:24 pm

I think it would be neat to have Christian tracts, by Christians for Christians (... or at least professing Christians).

I probably know more people that identify as Christian than not, and we all meet Christians of some sort all the time - some very mature, some young but growing, some seemingly stuck in infancy, and of course some in name only.

It seems like it might be more useful and necessary to strengthen and disciple the American (in the broadest sense) church before trying to confront the avowed agnostics and atheists.

And it seems like a tract from one Christian to another would be a lot more likely to be read.

And it seems like it would be a relatively easy and comfortable thing to hand one to a fellow believer (say, if he mentions church or if you spot her cross jewelry or tattoo) as opposed to a stranger or acquaintance who might get angry at your blatant attempt to "convert" to him.

So if you could hand all the Christians you know or meet one little tract, what would it contain? What's the one thing (or maybe two or three) that we Christians of the Americas need to know more about or can never get enough of?

This is what got me thinking about it, so you can guess my answer: The Kingdom of God
I haven't finished it, but it's very good. I bet somebody could take some quotes out of that and create some nice illustrations and get something very good.

Steve's also got a much longer series of lectures here. (It would be very neat to see one of his comics about the Kingdom of God!)

Anyway, that's just what I was thinking about. What do you think? Maybe there's already something like that?
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Miscellaneous”