Personal Paradigms

Paidion

Personal Paradigms

Post by Paidion » Fri Dec 05, 2014 5:40 pm

The following link brings to an excellent exchange between three people concerning personal paradigms.

A paradigm shift can come about in a revolutionary way, or it can come about gradually (as in my own experience, over a period of several decades as I looked at Bible passages in a different way and studied early Christian writings prior to 300 A.D.).

Many hang on tenaciously to their personal paradigms, relegating all others to the realm of heresy and/or assigning their origin to Satanic influence.
My mother and siblings considered me to be a heretic, and "not believing the Bible, one brother in particular being deeply concerned. I suggested to him that it might be beneficial for him to keep an open mind. He replied, "Once you know that two plus two equals four, there is no point in keeping an open mind about it. No one will ever convince you that the sum is five!"

In any case, I think you will either be enthusiastic about the exchange realizing that people's paradigms often hinder them from personal and theological development, or else you will hate the exchange because taking it to heart could result in the collapse of your own cherished paradigm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XatQ5f8lXbE
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

robbyyoung

Re: Personal Paradigms

Post by robbyyoung » Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:14 pm

Hi Paidion,

Thanks for the video. One of the things that stuck out for me in that round-table discussion was - adopting Yeshua's worldview. That's a powerful mindset for all Christians, transcending all future generations. I think we can all agree, Yeshua's worldview brought about a major paradigm shift for The Jews. So much so, it resulted in Yeshua's death and vehement rejection of His worldview. Good questions to ask ourselves is:

What was Yeshua's worldview?
What was Yeshua's presuppositions?
What was Yeshua's paradigm?

If we can ascertain the answers to these questions, we can have a unity of the faith without fences. I think the Gospel narrative can get too convoluted. Is God requiring us to be Historians or Greek Scholars in order to receive The Gospel truth? The Berean Principle concerns searching The Scriptures and having faith in what's recorded. History may or may not be able to corroborate the account as a physical or spiritual reality. Indeed, the chosen language of Messiah's generation, 2000 years ago, was the method of delivery given to all future generations. Unfortunately, our handicap is debating a language the original audience didn't have to. We also have no inspired Apostles to clarify their writings to us. This is how God wanted it to be, and so, we do the best we can in order to make sense of an ancient language given as The Word of God, for all people, for all time.

God Bless.

Return to “Miscellaneous”