What Must Be Believed To Be Saved?

crgfstr1

Re: What Must Be Believed To Be Saved?

Post by crgfstr1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 8:20 am

Hi Brenden,

Thank you for your reply. You brought in some very good points that I agree with. It made me think there are things my wife and I will never understand about each other. We love each other and spend quality time together. We would never do anything to intentionally hurt each other whether together or apart. When we make mistakes or don't understand we apologize and stick together. I agree God will wink on our misunderstanding if we have a right relationship with him. That we don't put other things first such as a job, hobby's entertainment, or sports. That where ever we go he is there with us and we are asking his thoughts about what we are doing so we are worshiping him rather than coming to idolize something in what we are doing.

I picture the pharisees as someone who went on a date with someone who had a list of things they were looking for in a partner. They looked at the list and thought that anyone who did what is on this list will be great. I am going to go home and study this list and do these things so that everyone will see how great I am. They refined the list where it lacked detail they added to it. They pointed to the list then to their works and said to everyone look how great I am. They pointed to the list and the works of others and said look how terrible you are. They never went on a second date however with the person who gave them list.

When He showed up they could no longer even recognize him. They compared him to their list and had him killed for not living up to it.

Regards,
Craig

TheEditor

Post by TheEditor » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:15 pm

Hi Crg,

Another good analogy. Do you mind if I borrow it, cannibalize it and use it?

Regards, Brenden.

[color=#0000FF][b]"It was for freedom that Christ set us free; therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery."[/b][/color]

crgfstr1

Post by crgfstr1 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Hi Brenden,

By all means. Please do.

Craig

Return to “Miscellaneous”