My thoughts on the refugees

steve7150

Re: My thoughts on the refugees

Post by steve7150 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:36 pm

Thus we have peaceful Muslims and peaceful Christians, as well as violent Muslims (ISIS) and Christians (reconstructionists) who would have homosexuals and adulterers and others put to death in accordance with the Mosaic law.

To compare Islam in any way with Christianity is offensive. Islam is a war religion and Christianity in the NT is a religion of love although Christians often mess it up. But Jesus is Christianity and he didn't mess it up and he is our Lord and Savior and greatest example.

Muhammed slaughtered thousands of innocent people, he married a nine year old, he created Sharia law which treats women like cattle, which treats non muslims like dirt. It has never co-existed with anything , not even other muslims.
It only waits until it is strong enough and then begins to stamp out opposition by any means. Initially in the Quran, Muhammed had normal sounding texts but later as he was involved in more warfare he got more intolerant and became more violent and the Quran reflects this and the Hadith is worse. It says Jews are descended from pigs and apes and Christians are polytheists.

As I said before muslims are just people but it's not them that are dangerous, it's Islam itself. It is Satan's religion IMO.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:54 pm

This is going off topic a bit, but I bet none of you good folk have seen a mass like this Coptic Mass in Egypt. These Christian people are singing and clapping with great joy. There's a translation of the song into English, below the video. Here are the words of the translation:
Exalt the name of Christ, lift His name up with your songs, call the heroes, His heroes, to walk ahead of you with the cross; Say He is risen and death has no power, and there is no forgiveness except through His blood; and the Light of the Gospel is greater; Say he conquered darkness and its power; He brightened our days; and the light of day is greater; Say He conquered His enemies; we conquered by witnessing to Him and by His blood; and our inheritance with Him is greater; live the joy of heaven, as Satan dons the clothes of grief; and our praises are greater.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnXJ7IWH3PU

The following video was made of a gathering called 'prayer night and return to God' after the maspiro massacre where the Egyptian army ran over Coptic Christians with tanks, and threw four Christians into the Nile. The Christians stood chanting and singing praises to God, and this was a part where they kept yelling out Jesus' Name for mercy. Are they shouting "Yeshua"? Or is it a word for "Jesus" in their language that sounds like "Yeshua"?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwCr3GNYBag
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Jess

Post by Jess » Tue Nov 24, 2015 6:01 pm

Matt wrote:

"Both the Church and the State have God-given roles (and they are not the same). The Church has a role to reach people at the heart level through love... to spread the good news that Jesus Christ is King of a never-ending Kingdom of peace. The State has a role to reward good behavior, punish bad behavior, and protect its citizenry. The state has an obligation to do its due-diligence when it comes to vetting refugees. And the church has an obligation to love whoever ends up next door."

I couldn't agree more. The roles of Church and state are indeed different. I think the two camps you mention talk past each other, neither acknowledging the validity of the other's point of view. Also too many now expect the state to do the work of the Church.

I read just today that ISIS has publicly stated they plan on infiltrating refugee groups. FBI director, James Comey has stated that adequate vetting is virtually impossible. I also read stories of Syrian Christian refugees being beaten (and worse) in refugee camps in Europe.

If and when our government(s) can accurately vet refugees then we need to carry out our biblical mandates. It seems to me Syrian Christian refugees would be the easiest to clear. They are also the most vulnerable to torture and death by ISIS.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:08 pm

If and when our government(s) can accurately vet refugees then we need to carry out our biblical mandates. It seems to me Syrian Christian refugees would be the easiest to clear. They are also the most vulnerable to torture and death by ISIS.
Jess Posts: 70Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:38 pm

True but if it's known that only Syrian Christians will be cleared then everyone will claim to be Christian.

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:37 pm

I haven't followed things closely, so this may be commonly known and discussed, or I might be wrong, but I did read that "refugee" is a legal term defined by law (in the U.S.A. anyway) and so there are rules and limits already in place. It's not up to an arbitrary decision by bureaucrats or the president or anyone else.

As I understand it, a person qualifies as a "refugee" if he will be persecuted from the government in his own country due to his ethnicity, race, religion, etc. It's not clear that poor living conditions and the threat of general, arbitrary violence and even civil war would qualify someone as a refugee.

But the laws may be overly vague or may contain exceptions, or the legislature might be able to quickly pass law amendments. (And the current executive branch seems willing to ignore the other branches, anyway.)
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:01 am

The people who have been approved by the UN, and Canada is now investigating, have been in refugee camps for years so there is a record of their comings and goings. Our local town is being given a Christian refugee family. We are looking forward with joy to meeting them. Even if it were a Muslim family, I would feel the same way.

I understand that in the US, there is a large number of people coming from the Middle East and African countries every year anyway. Have there been terrorist attacks? rioting in the streets? Has the Church mobilized to befriend them and hlep them to WANT to become integrated into the community. Nabeel Quresh said that western society itself had a strong impact on him, and he saw it change other Muslims he knew. He just needed a few informed Christians to challenge his beliefs before his Islam began to deconstruct itself. Here is the interview I just watched - it is in English and well worth listening to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvBM64gDLnY

I am hearing of refugees who want to settle near to Syria so when the war is over, they can go home.

Sweden has huge crime problems because the leaders call it politically incorrect to arrest Middle Eastern people, even for raping their women. The women are dying their hair black. They won't even detain known terrorists. They are fools. Over 60% of Swedes are now finally demanding 'something be done'.

“True but if it's known that only Syrian Christians will be cleared then everyone will claim to be Christian.”

Since they put so much value on lip service, I hope they ALL claim to be Christian!!

BTW - the video Paidion posted is GLORIOUS!!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:10 pm

Nabeel Quresh said that western society itself had a strong impact on him, and he saw it change other Muslims he knew. He just needed a few informed Christians to challenge his beliefs before his Islam began to deconstruct itself. Here is the interview I just watched - it is in English and well worth listening to.

Thanks for the link, Nabeel is an impressive guy. He brought up good insights about muslims particularly the communal cultural ties that make it difficult for an individual muslim to be motivated enough to make an individualistic quest for truth because of the cost. Jesus did mention something about counting the cost of following him.

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:03 pm

I am glad you enjoyed the interview - what a useful tool for anyone who has the opportunity to go fishing in Muslim waters!
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:01 pm

Well all the experts are trying to figure out what Sayed Farook and his wife's motives were, two things stand out. In the last 6 months they traveled to Saudi Arabia and he memorized the Quran. He memorized the Quran and became a mass murderer. Was it memorizing the Quran that inspired him to murder or was it radicalization first in Saudi Arabia or maybe here and then he memorized the Quran. But either way memorizing the Quran didn't dissuade him from mass murder.

Yes not exactly about refugees but the great majority of them are muslim and they read the Quran or are told what it says.

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:51 am

I've decided to re-read the Quran over the next couple of months.

I'll be summarizing each Surah in 1 sentence and circling the verse numbers of potentially controversial verses for further examination. My copy of the Quran comes with a commentary written by a muslim moderate.

When I'm done I'll try to remember to share my findings.

I am already 'radicalized' by a peace-loving Jesus... so fear not

Return to “Miscellaneous”