Geocentric vs Heliocentric

robbyyoung

Geocentric vs Heliocentric

Post by robbyyoung » Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:55 pm

Hello Everyone and God Bless!

Is the earth the actual center of the universe? Here's a notable individual who argues as case for a possible Geocentricity model.

Dr. Ross Humphreys on Gravity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUFGAVc9inw

God Bless!

Paidion

Re: Geocentric vs Heliocentric

Post by Paidion » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:41 pm

Hi Robby,

I think you mean Dr. Russ Humphreys. I have read his book "Starlight and Time" in which he attempts to explain that the distance to the stars is far less than is commonly believed.

I started to listen to Dr. Humphreys at the link you provided, and so far he is trying to establish that space is "a canopy." His talk in about 90 minutes long, and I'm not prepared to listen to all of it any time soon. Are you sure that He proposes that the earth is the centre of the universe?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Post by backwoodsman » Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:52 pm

hmmm... "Despite the lack of expert corroboration of his work, Humphreys continues to insist on the validity of his demonstrably false theory. Unfortunately, most of the major young-earth organizations are continuing to follow Humphreys and are ignoring the demonstrations of the falsity of his theory which have arisen from both inside and outside the young-earth movement."

Quoted from: http://www.reasons.org/articles/the-unr ... t-and-time

In short: Thanks, but I'll look elsewhere for scientific expertise.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:09 pm

At one time there was a theory that said travel at speeds in excess of a mile a minute were impossible. More recent was a theory that a dragster could not accelerate to more than roughly, 156 mph in a quarter mile.

I think it was Mars in retrograde that put away the geocentric model.

If they had not filmed all the moon landings in Hollywood, some of the photos might have been helpful.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Miscellaneous”