What is the right response if your wife is being assaulted?

dwight92070

Re: What is the right response if your wife is being assault

Post by dwight92070 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:33 pm

Morbo,

Just because I agreed with Steve's answer with what I thought was a fun comment, i.e. "We have a bingo here.", you accuse me of being disrespectful? If I had said, "I agree with you Steve.", would that have been more respectful? As I told Jaydam, if I didn't want to dialogue or be open to other input, I wouldn't even be on this forum. Of course, I'm happy to see someone agrees with me. You're not happy when someone agrees with you? So, because I expressed my happiness, I am being disrespectful? As far as baiting, every post on here is a "bait" to get a response, whether the response is agreeable or not. Yes, I do contemplate other opinions and will continue to. Could it be that Jaydam's anger (or frustration) and possibly yours is because you don't agree with my opinion, which is essentially the same as Steve's? I do not declare every other opinion null and void, but that does not mean that I cannot disagree with it.
It appears to me that Jaydam and maybe you are being hypersensitive. I appreciate Jaydam's apology, because it did seem like he jumped on me for simply asking a question and then happily agreeing with someone's answer. It does seem like I can't have a strong opinion about any topic (capital punishment, for example), without someone immediately getting upset and jumping all over me.

Dwight

morbo3000

Re: What is the right response if your wife is being assault

Post by morbo3000 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:04 pm

Dwight.

I agree with Steve on this subject. He has informed my opinion on this issue for over a decade.

What Jaydam and I are referring to re: "baiting" is people coming to the board asking leading questions with no apparent interest in other people's opinions. You may not be that person, but it's happened a lot lately. JacobMartin and RoyHobs are the most recent ones who've had some of us chasing our tails. (I speak only for myself.) With Jacob, I went back to another one of his boards and found he did the same thing there. Pose a question. Wait for answers, and then try and do a socratic method of sorts to get people to eventually say his opinion. It gets old. And once I saw that was his modus operandi on another board, I stopped engaging him.

Asking for legit opinions is not baiting. I ask questions here seeking other people's knowledge, because mine is limited. Not as an opportunity to tell people what I believe. I'm opinionated enough as it is. Others do that as well.

So, you may not be baiting. You say that you aren't, so I'll respect your self-assessment. The above description should explain Jaydam's and my sensitivity to it (though again, only speaking for myself.)
When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.
JeffreyLong.net
Jesusna.me
@30thirteen

Return to “Miscellaneous”