The Duckspeak of Climate Change

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:35 pm

Have you read George Orwell's novel "1984"?

Orwell descibed the "New-speak" or "Duckspeak" that the government used to indoctrinate and dominate the masses.

Here is an article by Tom Harris, printed in the "Toronto Sun" in which he states that the current form of "Duckspeak" is used to "convince opinion leaders and the public to think about climate change only as the government and eco-activists want."

For example the term "carbon pollution" evokes the image of black soot polluting the environment. But all it really means is "carbon dioxide in the air" (which has been in the air to one degree or another since the world began).

We also hear false statements such as the following one repeated over and over: "97% of experts agree that climate change is real, and that it is caused by the release of greenhouse gases into the air." But the fact is that scientists disagree about global warming. You can download a 122-page booklet about the subject from this site (in PDF format):

Scientists Disagree

The "experts" on global warming repeatedly tell you that man is responsible for causing global warming. What they do not tell you is that global warming and global cooling are cyclic, and have been going on for centuries. From 1000 - 1350 A.D. the earth experienced the "Medieval Warm Period" and from 1500 to 1700, the "Little Ice Age." Changes in the sun seems to be the cause of these cycles.

The Warm/Ice-Age periods are well known from historical records. In Europe during the Medieval Warm Period, agriculture flourished,(including vineyards in Scotland); Denmark was colonizing and establishing agriculture in Iceland and Greenland (Did you ever wonder why it as called "Greenland"?) During this time, Leif Ericsson made several voyages from Greenland and established a settlement at L’anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland. The Medieval Warm Period was warmer than today. Cooling followed this period and by 1500 AD the earth entered into the intense cool part of the Little Ice Age. This period is well known as the sea-ice froze and the Danes couldn’t get to Iceland or Greenland to re-supply their colonies which virtually perished in addition to the settlement in Newfoundland being abandoned.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Paidion

Re: The Duckspeak of Climate Change

Post by Paidion » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:21 pm

Here is a major book (1001 pages in pdf format) entitled "Climate Change Reconsidered":

Climate Change Reconsidered

It may take a few minutes to download this pdf.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

MMathis

Re: The Duckspeak of Climate Change

Post by MMathis » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:28 am

About 1969 (the year I got out of the Marines) the same bunch was telling us the ice age was coming. At some point, they realized there was no profit in that. Al Gore has made several hundred million dollars by changing the argument. Selling and trading carbon credits is brilliant.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Return to “Miscellaneous”