Upcoming Election

thrombomodulin

Re: Upcoming Election

Post by thrombomodulin » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:58 am

I share some concern about the first item as well. I hope he does not start a war if he wins, but if he does I do not think it is likely to be a nuclear exchange.

As for the second, I'm not familiar with his comments on the "war against crime" and a quick google search did not help me out. If I am not mistaken, most of those imprisoned in the US are there on account of drug law violations. I take the minority view that the prohibition on various drugs should be repealed, which IMHO is the right solution - neither candidate represents this perspective.

As for the third we agree that the high cost of treatment is a problem, but disagree on the solution. As we've talked about this before, I'm sure you know that I affirm an unhindered free market delivers any product, including health care, better than a State program. I doubt Trump would be willing or able to remove many of the things that encumber the market in the USA.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:17 am

Detroit is Muslim-dominated, close to half the population now, mosques are everywhere, surrounded by walls. They are more like fortresses than places of worship. The Muslim leaders have declared that they are in America to take over, not to be equals. Muslims are "seeding" themselves everywhere in our country. No, not all of them are violent but many of them support the violence of their extremist wing. By the way, Detroit is now the most violent, crime-filled city in the country.

So, if we want this to continue, simply vote for Hillary. To say, Paidon, that she would be a godsend is simply dangerously ignorant. She would be the continuation of the Muslim takeover of this nation, all in the name of "let's get along with our global neighbors". What utter foolishness!

Trump would put the brakes on this stupidity. If you like your pro-Muslim policies under Obama, you can keep them under Hillary. We are opening our borders for enemies of our God and our country to come in and wreak havoc, institute Sharia law and take over our nation.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:04 am

Personally, I don't think Hillary would be that great a President either, but compared to Trump...... she would be a godsend.

If Hillary is sent by anyone it's Satan! Among many problems including what Dwight highlighted , i have misgivings about how law enforcement would perform under Hillary considering she is an outright criminal who blatantly engaged in pay for play in the Clinton Foundation! She simply cares about the power.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:36 am

It's interesting that Trump's unjustified accusation of election fraud, have caused leaders in the Republican Party to try to tone him down, but his response on twitter is that these leaders of his own party are "so naiïve."

However, it seems that my thoughts and reports of Trump's doings are angering some people, and so I will say no more about the U.S. election. I am not directly involved anyway since I am a Canadian, and so, of course, will not be voting in this election. It remains to be seen which predictions about the candidates' future acts, if any, will become reality.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:02 pm

However, it seems that my thoughts and reports of Trump's doings are angering some people, and so I will say no more about the U.S. election.

I hope i didn't come across as angry, i appreciate your comments and i don't mind one bit if you or anyone have differing points of view. Freedom of speech is one of the great things our Constitution guarantees and IMHO "the left" would like to do away with and replace it with "the thought police."
I think it's important for anyone who has a point of view to express it.

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:18 pm

Now, after the third debate, the media and Hillary are "appalled" that Trump said that he would have to "wait and see" if he would accept the results of the election. In fact, I believe the moderator actually implied that Trump might be approving of violence if he didn't. Absolutely ridiculous! Al Gore, a Democrat, did not accept the results of his election for the presidency against George W. Bush, so it got tied up in the courts for several weeks. That's because it was so close. Trump would have every right to challenge the results, especially if it is close. Also, because of increasing evidence of Hillary's and the Democrats illegal activities, actually causing violence at Trump rallies and paying homeless people to do just that. The Black Panthers were at a voting location when Obama ran for President, threatening physical violence toward anyone who dared to go by them and vote for John McCain. That case went all the way up to the higher courts, but Obama's Attorney General, Eric Holder, threw the case out, and thereby protected the violent threats of the Black Panthers.

Dwight

Return to “Miscellaneous”