Upcoming Election

Singalphile

Re: Upcoming Election

Post by Singalphile » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Things might be a little more complicated in the U.S. (than in other countries, which are mostly smaller in population and/or geography) I think that many U.S. conservatives want a more "libertarian" federal government and more "conservative" state/local government.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:11 am

Heard a female reporter yesterday, say she is a libertarian so she was fine with open borders. Open borders are part of Hillary's "dream" hemisphere.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:08 pm

Thanks Throm. Prior to reading your post, I wasn't aware that the Libertarian Party is not socially conservative.

Yes the Libertarian party is socially liberal and fiscally conservative. There are so many issues that you never find someone you entirely agree with. So you have to focus on the most important issues and to me abortion is number one. As i've said i have to take Trump at his word and believe he will appoint conservative justices. He may be lying but i have no control over that whereas Hill relishes in her liberal leftist agenda which includes abortion on demand so for me their is no choice.

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:43 pm

Padion,
There is a lot of variation in libertarians on social issues. There are many libertarians who are not socially liberal (e.g. Those like Hans Herman hope who are opposed to open borders). I do not follow the platform of the political party or its candidates very closely, but from what I have seen they often deviate substantially from following a libertarian philosophy.
Pete

Jepne

Post by Jepne » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:55 pm

There were 50 women in that room and only one has 'come forward'. I am very skeptical of the woman on the plane thirty years ago. She did not sound real to me. A few who have known him up close for years have said that he is not like that (the video) anymore.

Nixon had a terrible mouth as his tapes revealed; Clinton was a huge embarrassment, and I don't think we knew about JFK's (or LBJ's) transgressions until later. We're not voting for a pastor here.
"Anything you think you know about God that you can't find in the person of Jesus, you have reason to question.” - anonymous

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 10:34 pm

To the Never Trumpers: Simple logic shows us that to not vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Why would you risk the downfall of our country when your vote could help save our country?

dwight92070

Post by dwight92070 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 11:01 pm

Jesus said, "He who is not against you is for you." Luke 9:50 Trump is not against Christians. He is for us. Trump is not against Americans. He is for us. Hillary is clearly against Christians. She is also against Americans, unless they agree with her. Why would we not vote for the one who is for us, who also has the best chance of winning?

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:39 pm

Hi Dwight, you wrote:To the Never Trumpers: Simple logic shows us that to not vote for Trump is a vote for Hillary. Why would you risk the downfall of our country when your vote could help save our country?
It is Trump who would bring about the downfall of your country, should he be elected. But I don't think there's much danger of that. He has already brought about his own downfall by his many ludicrous comments, false statements, and past actions that have now come out into the open.

Personally, I don't think Hillary would be that great a President either, but compared to Trump...... she would be a godsend.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:35 pm

Paidion wrote:It is Trump who would bring about the downfall of your country, should he be elected
What problems do you believe he would cause?

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:38 pm

What problems do you believe he would cause?
I don't have any specific beliefs about it, but my apprehension would include the following possibilities.

1. In an aggressive mood, he might let loose a nuclear weapon against a hated country, an action that could result in a world-wide nuclear war.

2. His "war against crime" could result in innocent persons being imprisoned, and guilty persons receiving extreme prison sentences, and an increasing number of states administering capital punishment.

3. His refusal to utilize a government-administered health program could continue the high costs of treatment in the U.S. which have bankrupted significant numbers of middle-class people.

These three come immediately to mind. Perhaps none of them are valid. However, I think they are, and there may be many, many more that I haven't considered.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

Return to “Miscellaneous”