Upcoming Election

steve7150

Re: Upcoming Election

Post by steve7150 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:21 pm

So what do you all think about the big rebellion against trump in the Republican Party one month before the election?
Seems to be related to the audio disclosure in which Trump made some pretty crude statements about the women he had encountered.

I just saw the second debate and i must say Trump really did well in figuring out a way to sort of apologize for his remarks yet calling it locker room talk. He managed to keep the flow going on and against Hillary yet addressing the issues. Somehow he actually impressed me although i can't deny is he lewd and baffoon like yet he stayed on issue and attacked Hill but remained under control.
As i've said to me the issues are not really Trump or Hill but rather the Democratic platform vs the Republican platform. The Dems like and encourage the ever growing welfare state because it keeps and increases these lockstep Democratic votes. The Dems seem to be unconcerned about a 20 Trillion National Debt and of course they are pro-abortion & anti 2nd Amendment. We have several new likely Supreme Court nominations coming up so if Hill gets in that may mean a slew of new liberal justices that would impact us for decades.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:58 am

Hi Steve7150, you wrote:As i've said to me the issues are not really Trump or Hill but rather the Democratic platform vs the Republican platform.
I couldn't disagree more. Many people want neither Trump nor Clinton for president, and some of them are refusing to vote at all. If each of them stepped down, and allowed someone else to run in his/her place, then the issues might be about the respective platforms of the two parties.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:49 am

Hi Steve7150, you wrote:
As i've said to me the issues are not really Trump or Hill but rather the Democratic platform vs the Republican platform.

I couldn't disagree more. Many people want neither Trump nor Clinton for president, and some of them are refusing to vote at all. If each of them stepped down, and allowed someone else to run in his/her place, then the issues might be about the respective platforms of the two parties.

OK that's fine. I did qualify my statement by saying "to me" so i can understand many people not wanting Trump or Hill.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:00 pm

Thank you, Steve7150. I replied without having noticed the "to me." Sorry about that.
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:02 pm

If you are ok with Hillary selecting the SCOTUS direction for the next 30-40 years then stay home or vote for her.

The US will never recover from electing her.

For those that say "it can't happen here" --- this is the election that will decide it can.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Homer

Post by Homer » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:54 am

Thought provoking from Christianity Today:
"Enthusiasm for a candidate like Trump gives our neighbors ample reason to doubt that we believe Jesus is Lord. They see that some of us are so self-interested, and so self-protective, that we will ally ourselves with someone who violates all that is sacred to us—in hope, almost certainly a vain hope given his mendacity and record of betrayal, that his rule will save us."
On the other hand many who believe in God think the Presidency is less important than the Supreme Court and take that into account when considering the kind of judges who will be appointed by the candidates. The terrible "laws" about abortion, gay "marriage", etc. have not come from our president or lawmakers but by decisions made by liberal judges. But I suppose they are only a reflection of who, as a people, we have become.

IMO Clinton's lies are worse than Trump's. I think he half way believes his lies and makes liberal use of hyperbole while she knows she is lying as the FBI has proven.

I will not vote for either.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:07 pm

Hi Homer, you wrote:IMO Clinton's lies are worse than Trump's.
According to the following video, in the first debateTrump won over Clinton for lies: 34-6
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHPeHoHmFTs

Here's another interesting video about their lies:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhAaBMgat70

Also, the matters about which they lied is important.
Trump "apologized" for his "locker room" talk, but denied that he ever actually carried out the things about which he bragged..

When Trump owned a beauty pageant (maybe he still does), he walked into the dressing room of the contestants as they were getting ready, saying that he as the owner, had the right to "inspect" the participants. Some of them were partially dressed, and others were naked.

Here is a video in which the Tasha Dixon, the former Miss Arizona, is interviewed. She was one of those women, and she tells what occurred:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvciHYUsGTQ
Paidion

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:57 pm

Homer, you wrote that you will be voting for neither Trump nor Clinton. So what will you do? Not vote at all, or vote for one who has been selected by a minor party?

I often wonder why the ultra-conservatives in the Republican Party (I'm not suggesting that you are one of those) don't get organized and support the ultra-conservative party——the Libertarian Party.
Paidion

thrombomodulin

Post by thrombomodulin » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:50 pm

Paidion, I think ultra conservatives stay away from the libertarian party mainly due to the conservative desire to support the war on drugs and involvement in foreign wars. I have heard many times someone say they like Ron Paul, but not his foreign policy. Many in the libertarian party also support gay marriage and do not oppose abortion.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks Throm. Prior to reading your post, I wasn't aware that the Libertarian Party is not socially conservative.
Paidion

Return to “Miscellaneous”