Election Aftermath

dwight92070

Election Aftermath

Post by dwight92070 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:00 am

Can anyone deny that we have just witnessed a miracle? Trump was outspent by millions, had the Democrats, the media, unions, other billionaires, Hollywood, and even a large number of Republicans, fighting against him, and yet he still won. Yes, something tells me that there was a supernatural power putting him in office. He raises up rulers and He brings them down. He hears the cries of His people.

Now when Trump was campaigning, he said that he would appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Clintons. (He might as well investigate Obama while he is at it) Some have speculated that Obama would pardon Hillary. But it was pointed out that Obama cannot pardon her if she has not been convicted and of course Director Comey does not recommend even prosecuting her.

So it would appear that a special prosecutor is still a possibility, after Trump takes the office. I know, some of you are probably angry with me because I want the Clinton's to face the justice that they deserve. But they have corrupted the State Department, the FBI, and the Justice Department, just for starters. I know, maybe these departments were corrupt before that, but the Clinton crimes have exposed the corruption (and increased it) like no other has. Do I want the Clintons to be saved? Yes, I do, but they have to repent, just as we all have to. Remember, even after David repented, he still suffered the awful consequences of his sin. Yes, I believe that the Clintons deserve consequences for the crimes that they have committed.

backwoodsman
Location: Not quite at the ends of the earth, but you can see it from here.

Re: Election Aftermath

Post by backwoodsman » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:52 am

dwight92070 wrote:Now when Trump was campaigning, he said...
We'll know in a few months whether or not he fooled you. I think he did; time will tell. Of course, now that he's been elected, I hope I'm wrong.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:58 am

But it was pointed out that Obama cannot pardon her if she has not been convicted

Not sure about this as i think when Ford pardoned Nixon he had not been convicted of anything!

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:03 am

Yes, something tells me that there was a supernatural power putting him in office. He raises up rulers and He brings them down. He hears the cries of His people.

It's possible and through all of his crudeness maybe Trump is the kind of person God may raise up!

mattrose

Post by mattrose » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:08 pm

dwight92070 wrote:Can anyone deny that we have just witnessed a miracle?
Yes, I think almost anyone could do that quite easily.

What you witnessed is another example of the fact that Americans have been divided about 50/50 for quite a while now. You also witnessed the reality of outdated (and sometimes manipulated) polling structures. You witnessed a resurgence of nationalism, bucking the globalist trend.

But a miracle? I gotta be honest... I think that's an absurd conclusion

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Thu Nov 10, 2016 2:22 pm

dwight92070 wrote:He raises up rulers and He brings them down. He hears the cries of His people.
I am thankful Donald Trump won the election. He did overcome amazing opposition from nearly ever quarter to do it. I find it telling that though Mrs. Bill Clinton said she would not contest the outcome of the election (and was horrified when Donald said he might), it was she who delayed her public concession for nearly half a day after Trump had reached the Electoral College's 270 threshold. And now there are riots in numerous cities by Democrats who worship "the will of the people," until it trumps theirs. And I have not heard of Mrs. Bill Clinton condemning those riots and urging her followers to behave civilly.

When I get caught up in politics and current events, I sometimes have to remind myself that the Kingdom of God is not a national entity consisting of geographical borders and civil governments. It is, simply, God and His people, not God and His nation. God has no nation; He has a Kingdom.

That portion of God's Kingdom within any nation is but a tiny fraction of that nation's population, certainly far less than a majority. It is a remnant. As my country progressively slides down into a cesspool of dishonesty and immorality, I have to tell myself, "Don't let it get you down; concentrate on the remnant. It's not America that has to get its heart right with God, it's God's people who do (2 Chronicles 7:14)." And as they do, it has an impact nationally. But lest we get our cart before our horse, we need to understand that the goal of Christians should not be to improve the church in order to save the nation, but to improve the church for God's sake. The blessings of Church revival often result in collateral blessings to the nation. But if not, then so be it.

In the book of Judges, we see a cycle that God's people went through repeatedly. In their prosperity and freedom, they became unthankful to God for the prosperity and freedom He gave them. Consequently, they progressively lost their prosperity and freedom until they were impoverished slaves. In their plight, they recognized their sin of ingratitude to God, and they repented; they changed their minds and their lives. In response to their repentance, God raised up a "Judge" to deliver them from poverty and slavery and return the nation to prosperity and freedom.

It is interesting to note that the Judges were not perfect men, yet God chose to use them anyway. Samson, for instance, was one of the worst characters in the Bible, in my opinion. What an unsavory, pompous, bombastic man he was! And yet he apparently had what God wanted in order to accomplish His goal of freeing and blessing His people. Why didn't God use a better men to "judge" Israel? Only God knows for sure (Deuteronomy 29:29).

Many American Christians (some of the Remnant) have been praying for a revival among God's people. More than that, they have changed their minds and changed their lives. They have been repenting and working for God's Kingdom. They recognize their plight is the consequence of unthankfulness to God.

Is Donald Trump a Christian? There are some prominent Christian leaders who feel that he experienced conversion recently. In my opinion, he does give some evidence of it. Regardless, I would not pretend to prohibit God from using an unbeliever, or a badly flawed believer, to help deliver His people. I don't believe Samson is prophetic of Trump, but perhaps there are some parallel principles we might ponder.

Will God send revival to the American Church? He certainly can, and perhaps He has begun.

Will He restore prosperity and freedom? He certainly can, and perhaps He has begun.

But how will He do it? I leave that to God.

Paidion

Post by Paidion » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:30 pm

It is interesting that Hillary actually received more votes that Donald. She received 60,071,781 and Donald received
59, 791, 135. That's not a lot more (only 280, 646) but if democracy rules, then shouldn't the will of the majority count?

The electoral votes are Hillary 228 and Donald 291. Doesn't this suggest that there may something wrong with the electoral system?
Paidion

Man judges a person by his past deeds, and administers penalties for his wrongdoing. God judges a person by his present character, and disciplines him that he may become righteous.

Avatar shows me at 75 years old. I am now 83.

MMathis

Post by MMathis » Thu Nov 10, 2016 10:42 pm

In 1969, walking through LAX in my Marine uniform, a peace and love idiot spit on me.
The left has accused the right of being intolerant.
Tonight there are people marching and calling for violence.
My wife has had people call her names and unfriend her on FB.
The left wants to pass the "fairness doctrine" which would pretty much shut down talk radio.
In 1969 the left was all about free speech. Now they want to shut it down.

If Hillary had won, any unhappiness displayed would have been met with name calling and threats.
She didn't win, and there is name calling and threats.
The left is the most intolerant bunch of malcontents on the planet.
MMathis
Las Vegas NV

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:37 am

Paidion wrote:The electoral votes are Hillary 228 and Donald 291. Doesn't this suggest that there may something wrong with the electoral system?
Only if you're ignorant about the Electoral System. As a Canadian, though, it's understandable that you lack understanding of it. Unfortunately, most Americans are just as ignorant. Those who are ignorant of the Electoral system are quick to proclaim Trump's victory illegitimate, as you have implied. I will not take the time to educate you about the Electoral System, except to say that it was a stroke of brilliance by the Founding Fathers, and to encourage you to start your learning by reading The Federalist Papers, especially #68.
Paidion wrote:...if democracy rules, then shouldn't the will of the majority count?
At the Constitutional Convention, the Founding Fathers did not not produce a democracy, they produced a Republic. You apparently don't know the difference. But don't feel like the Lone Ranger; only a meager few Americans know the difference.

At the conclusion of the Convention, a woman asked delegate Benjamin Franklin, "What have you given us, sir." He responded, "A Republic, ma'am, if you can keep it." Tragically, America is descending into democracy and it's losing the Republic.

Candlepower

Post by Candlepower » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:39 am

MMathis wrote:The left is the most intolerant bunch of malcontents on the planet.
Agreed.

Return to “Miscellaneous”