Hypocrisy

Singalphile

Re: Hypocrisy

Post by Singalphile » Sat Feb 04, 2017 3:57 pm

There are some fences/walls along the southern U.S. border, as one would expect:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexico%E2 ... es_barrier
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... rnia+fence

I think that the idea of a border "wall" is more symbolic than literal, since it would probably be unrealistic to build and maintain a 2,000 mile literal wall, and I suppose that most illegal and undocumented residents don't actually walk across the southern border.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:15 pm

I think that the idea of a border "wall" is more symbolic than literal, since it would probably be unrealistic to build and maintain a 2,000 mile literal wall, and I suppose that most illegal and undocumented residents don't actually walk across the southern border.

The Chinese built and maintained a wall longer then 2,000 miles hundreds of years ago! Also it's purpose is to reduce the amount of heroin and other narcotics coming across.

steve7150

Post by steve7150 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:17 pm

(from your first post) I've seen a picture of a tall fence with watchtowers with guards with rifles on the Mexico border with Guatemala!

Might is be the case that whoever showed that picture might be spreading misleading information? Is that of any concern?

Sure, any misinformation about a material matter is concerning!

Singalphile

Post by Singalphile » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:51 pm

steve7150 wrote:I think that the idea of a border "wall" is more symbolic than literal, since it would probably be unrealistic to build and maintain a 2,000 mile literal wall, and I suppose that most illegal and undocumented residents don't actually walk across the southern border.

The Chinese built and maintained a wall longer then 2,000 miles hundreds of years ago! Also it's purpose is to reduce the amount of heroin and other narcotics coming across.
I suppose that's true about the Chinese, but our situation is different, I think. That's a good point about the drugs (and other illegal stuff). I was not thinking about that.
... that all may honor the Son just as they honor the Father. John 5:23

Return to “Miscellaneous”